Maglione is the current President of the Uruguayan Olympic Committee (Comité Olímpico Uruguayo, COU), and has held the position since 1987. In July 2009, he was elected President of FINA, the International Swimming Federation. As of July 2013, he is about to be reelected for that post.
In September 2012 he was reelected President of the COU for the period 2012-2016.
Sports positions held
|International Olympic Committee (IOC)||Member||1996-|
|Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC)||Vice President
|Comité Olímpico Uruguayo||President||1987-|
(initial term is through 2013)
|Amateur Swimming Union of the Americas (ASUA)||President||1979-83
|Federación Uruguaya de Natación (FUN)
(Uruguayan Swimming Federation
- Maglione's member page from the International Olympic Committee's website (www.olympic.org); retrieved 2010-04-19.
- Movimiento Olímpico en Uruguay (trans: [A History of the] Olympic Movement in Uruguay); published by the Comité Olímpico Uruguayo; retrieved 2010-04-19. (Spanish)
- Report from/on the 2009 FINA General Congress held on July 24, 2009 and published by FINA on 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "Maglione for reelectionn". El Observador. July 26, 2013. (Spanish)
- "Maglione reelected". El Observador. Aug 7, 2012. (Spanish)
|This Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to a Uruguayan swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|