||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2012)|
|Industry||Mobile Consumer Application Platform - Mobile enterprise application platform|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California
Offices in - New York, London, Bangalore
|Products||Mi™ Platform - Studio, IDE, Analytics|
July Systems is a cloud-based mobile application platform provider, founded in July 2001  by Rajesh T S Reddy, the CEO. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, United States, July’s Mi Platform is designed to enable businesses to build, run and manage real-time connected mobile applications across multiple devices.
The July Systems’ Mi Platform is used by companies across various industries such as sports, media, entertainment, retail, automobile, travel and more. Customers include CBS Sports, The Wall Street Journal, Discovery Channel, Unilever, Toys "R" Us, NBA, NDTV and Just Dial, among others.
July Systems is privately funded and backed by venture funds including Intel Capital, West Bridge Capital, Updata Partners, and Footprint Ventures. The company has raised 30 Mn USD in VC funds to date. The company operates on a SaaS based business model. Customers are charged a monthly subscription fee plus an overage usage fee, which is measured by page views and app requests.
July Systems provided the first Mobile 2.0 platform of the industry, supporting popular news, media, sports and entertainment businesses. As a result, July Systems won several major global brands as its customers.
July Systems was one of the pioneers in mobile media industry, providing scores, stats and data on mobile. July Systems started by launching India’s leading cricket portal, Cricketnext.com (a part of Network 18) on mobile. Cricketnext.com offered live, interactive and multi-media services to its fans through July’s platform. They are also rumoured to have designed the iPhone app for ESPNCricinfo.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) partnered with July Systems in 2010 and 2011 and launched IPL mobile internet service, specially designed for the Indian market. For the first time, any cricket fan in India with an internet enabled mobile phone  accessed live ball-by-ball video updates, action replays, video score cards and more. For the first two weeks of IPL 3, a million people clicked on the link, resulting in 3.7 million video views and roughly 15,000 hours of video. This was done with Lalit Modi and had to be stopped immediately after IPL2.
July Systems provides a rich mobile platform that is highly scalable due to its AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud-based model. This feature is particularly important during sporting events like World Championships where demand rises exponentially during a match and drops off again when teams are no longer playing. July Systems’ MiTM Platform powered over 74 million page views. in a single game during the Cricket World Cup 2011.
Media and Entertainment
July Systems became the technology provider  of the white-labeled, end-to-end managed cross-operator service in 2005 which allowed German consumers to try mobile games before buying on the portal Firstfun.tv.
NDTV Convergence has constantly partnered with July Systems to launch its mobile channel ‘NDTV Active’  and Mi SMS. ‘NDTV Active’ enabled NDTV  to leverage its extensive programming assets to provide users anytime anywhere access to personalized services, content, and promotions on their mobile phones. Mi SMS, touted as a revolutionary mobile Internet information service was specifically created for the Indian market. Robosoft is the primary provider to NDTV now and they power the iPhone and iPad apps.
July Systems had tied up with Zoom TV (leading entertainment television channel) as its partner  to make Zoom TV’s premium Bollywood content accessible on the mobile internet, for millions of fans across regions. Television broadcaster Star India Pvt. Ltd partnered with July Systems in 2011 to convert its website Indya.com into a digital distribution platform beaming all kinds of content, including that from rival broadcasters, and generating revenue largely through subscriptions. Omnicom Media Group MENA and July Systems entered into partnership  in 2011 that will enable media owners to create and monetize content on mobile internet platforms.
In 2012, July Systems launched Retail edition  of Mi™ Platform Studio to help retail marketers to create and manage mobile promotions  themselves. It is a visual tool that can integrate QR code, coupon codes, bar code scanners, location based services and other retail specific modules for customer acquisition and customer loyalty programs. Recently, July has won DealsandYou, one of India’s leading group buying portal as a retail customer.
July Systems participated as an exhibitor  and speaker  at AdTech New Delhi 2012, one of the largest events for digital marketing in India. July Systems was chosen as one of the ’10 Most Promising Mobile Apps Companies’ in 2012 by Silicon India.
The technology for personalization of mobile content services earned a patent  for July Systems. The patent (US Patent 7076562)  was issued for July’s Application Intermediation Gateway (AIG), an integral part of July’s mobile service delivery platform, which enables real-time personalization of mobile content services based on any individual subscriber’s history, preferences and more. This empowered mobile operators and content retailers to facilitate content discovery and product promotions with intelligent, user-aware recommendations that present the right content to the right consumer at the right time.
Smart Phone Edition
In April 2009, July came out with a Smart Phone edition  of its MiTM Platform for media brands. With this feature, media outlets could publish their content across the mobile web, mobile app stores and carrier decks simultaneously. The Smart Phone edition supported iPhone, BlackBerry, Android devices, their app stores and other smart phones.
Social Network Integration
July Systems has a versatile mobile ecosystem that enables social media fabric to be integrated within any mobile service. Integration of social networks helps July’s clients to acquire, influence, engage and retain new and existing customers in a number of different ways. July Systems’ existing list of MiTM Platform social media modules  include Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, MySpace, Delicious, LinkedIn, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and KickApps.
The company has struggled to pivot to a product based play and remains a services based offering. The services part of the contract is typically fulfilled by Happiest Minds. July systems continues to provide support on network monitoring, infra management services.
July Systems announced support for Windows Phone 7.1 (codenamed Mango)  into its flagship Mi™ Platform in June 2011. This integration further enhanced Mi™ Platform's pre-integrated ecosystem of device platforms, social and location networks, ad networks, payment gateways, messaging gateways and retail utilities - enabling businesses  to rapidly deploy and run sophisticated mobile applications.
- Seven leading media brands on July's Mi™ Platform (IndyCar on Mobile, CBS Sports on iPhone, IndyCar on Mobile Video, Comedy Central/Colbert Nation Mobile, Comedy Central/Indecision 2008, Nickelodeon and Moneycontrol.com) were nominated for 13th Annual Webby Awards.
- July Systems won the prestigious ‘Mobile Excellence Awards (MEA) 2010’  in the ‘Best Mobile International’ category. July Systems is the first Indian company to win an MEA  since the inception of the awards in 2008. The Company was recognized for their outstanding mobile internet service designed for the Indian Premier League (IPL), on 6 December, at the legendary Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. The award winning mobile internet service was powered by July’s platform.
- Four of July Systems’ Mobile Applications - Unilever Cornetto, Univision Marcador, PGA Tour & ESPN Goals  were nominated for ‘Mobile Excellence Awards (MEA) 2011’.
- Univision Marcador App developed by Univision Interactive Media, Inc in partnership with July Systems, won ‘Mobile Excellence Awards (MEA) 2011’ in the “Business” category for “Best Mobile International.”
- July Systems was chosen by AlwaysOn as one the OnDemand Top 100 Winners for 2012. July’s Mi Platform was selected based a set of five criteria: innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value, and media buzz.
eTail West 2012
July Systems participated as an exhibitor  and speaker at eTail Palm Springs 2012 (25 February 2012 to 28 February 2012), one of the leading multi-channel and eCommerce conferences in USA.
Ad:Tech New Delhi
July Systems participated in Multichannel Mastery Event on 17 May 2012 at London, UK. This exclusive event was hosted by the LinkedIn UK E-commerce group run by Martin Newman, CEO of practicology.com and consultant Catherine Crawley.
eTail Europe 2012 – mCommerce Summit
July Systems participated as an exhibitor at eTail Europe 2012(25 to 27 June 2012), the premier eCommerce event in Europe. Prem Bhatia, President, July Systems was the Chairperson at the mCommerce summit held during the event (25 June 2012) and delivered the opening remarks.
eTail Boston 2012
July Systems participated in eTail Boston (13 to 16 August 2012) at Sheraton Boston Hotel, Boston, MA. Rajesh Reddy, the founder and CEO of July Systems was one of the speakers at eTail Boston 2012.
- http://www.financialexpress.com/news/narasimhan-reddy-launch-july-systems/35443/ The Financial Express. 21 January 2002. Retrieved 23 April 2012. p. 1.
- http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2002-02-14/news/27347551_1_80211b-networks-wireless-world The Economic Times. 14 February 2002. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 5.
- http://www.technologyreview.com/tr35/profile.aspx?TRID=386 Technology Review’s Annual List of Innovators Under 35 – 2002. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 2.
- http://www.imediaconnection.in/article/832/Marketing/july-systems-secures-$15mn-funding-from-intel.html iMedia Connection. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 3.
- http://www.updatapartners.com/portfolio/44/July-Systems/ Updata Partners. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 4.
- http://dailyconnect.in/2008/10/20/july-systems-has-launched-leading-cricket-portal-cricketnextcom/ Daily Connect. 20 October 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 6.
- http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2010-05-04/news/28457851_1_mobile-internet-mobile-screens-gprs-handsets The Economic Times. 4 May 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 7.
- http://www.watblog.com/2008/10/20/cricketnextcom-launches-mobile-version-in-partnership-with-july-systems/ Watblog. 20 October 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 8.
- http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/09/prweb434414.htm PR Web. 9 September 2006. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 9.
- http://www.smackall.com/viewarticle.php?title=July-Systems-Issued-Patent-for-Real-Time-Personalization-of-Mobile-Content-Services&article=566 SmackAll. 9 September 2006.p. 10.
- http://mobigyaan.com/watch-ipl-on-your-mobile-courtesy-july-systems Mobi Gyan. 10 March 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 11.
- http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/idUS119316+04-Apr-2011+BW20110404 Reuters. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 12.
- http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110404005613/en Business Wire. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 13.
- http://www.mobilepundit.com/2005/04/30/july-systems-powers-try-before-buy-mobile-games-service/ Mobile Pundit. 30 April 2005. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 14.
- http://www.exchange4media.com/28974_%E2%80%98ndtv-active%E2%80%99-to-leverage-ndtv%E2%80%99s-programming-on-mobile.html Exchange 4 Media. 12 December 2007. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 15.
- http://www.business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?autono=31408&tp=on Business Standard. 17 December 2007. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 16.
- http://www.techshout.com/mobile-phones/2007/12/ndtv-july-systems-partner-to-launch-ndtv-active-mobile-channel-in-india/ Techshout. 12 December 2007. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 17.
- http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=90955&cat_id=613 TechTree. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 18.
- Technologies, Robosoft. "Firm". Mobile Development. Self. Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- http://www.indiaprwire.com/pressrelease/internet/2009032722274.htm India PR Wire. 29 March 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 19.
- http://www.livemint.com/2011/12/13231514/Star-looks-to-do-a-Hulu-with-I.html LiveMint. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 20.
- http://www.ameinfo.com/265907.html AME Info. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 21.
- http://www.pluggd.in/july-systems-launches-retail-edition-of-mi-platform-studio-297/ Plugged.in. 29 February 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 22.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/july-systems-launches-retail-edition-160000136.html Yahoo Finance 28 February 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 23.
- http://www.businesswireindia.com/PressRelease.asp?b2mid=16881 Business Wire India. 10 September 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 24.
- http://www.businesswireindia.com/PressRelease.asp?b2mid=17064 Business Wire India. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 25.
- http://www.proskore.com/pressrelease.cfm?PRID=27964 Proskore. 10 September 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 26.
- http://www.ad-tech.com/newdelhi/adtech_new_delhi_exhibitors.aspx?exid=2187 ad:tech New Delhi List of Exhibitors. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 27.
- http://www.ad-tech.com/newdelhi/adtech_new_delhi_speakers.aspx?Spkid=3893 ad:tech New Delhi Speaker. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 28.
- http://www.siliconindia.com/magazine-articles-in/July_Systems_The_Nimble_and_Flexible_Mobile_Partner-YXRP57308266.html Silicon India, 18 January 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 29.
- http://www.knowyourmobile.in/news/814717/july_systems_brings_ipl_matches_live_on_mobile_handsets.html Know Your Mobile. 17 March. 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 30.
- http://www.telegraphindia.com/external/display.jsp?mode=details&id=21863 The Telegraph. 8 March 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 31.
- http://technews.am/conversations/mobile-content-today/july_systems_debuts_mi_for_smartphones TechNews. 3 April 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 32.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/July-Systems-Enhances-Social-iw-3570854706.html Yahoo Finance. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 33.
- http://telecomlead.com/inner-page-details.php?id=2038&block=Mobile Telecom Lead. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 34.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/July-Systems-MiTM-Platform-iw-81600036.html Yahoo Finance. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 35.
- http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/july-systems-mi-platform-announces-support-for-wp7-mango-1528439.htm Market Wire 17 June 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 36.
- http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/04/prweb2346234.htm PRWeb. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 37.
- http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?media_id=127&season=13 13th Annual Webby Awards Nominees. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p 38.
- http://www.mobilexawards.com/finalists/past/2010/Mobile Excellence Awards 2010 Winners. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 39.
- http://www.telecomtiger.com/fullstory.aspx?storyid=10463&passfrom=vasstory§ion=S130 TelecomTiger. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 40.
- http://www.techshout.com/internet/2010/11/july-systems-rolls-out-ipl-on-the-mobile-internet/ Techshout. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 41.
- http://www.cisionwire.com/axis-pr/r/for-immediate-release-----2010-mobile-excellence-award-winners,g531291 Axis PR. 7 December 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 42.
- http://www.telegraphindia.com/external/display.jsp?mode=details&id=21863 The Telegraph. 8 March 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 43.
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/univision-marcador/id411902558?mt=8 Apple iTunes Apps. 13 December 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 44.
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tour.pgatour&hl=en Google Android Apps. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 45.
- http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/espn-goals/id385112425?mt=8 Apple iTunes Apps. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 46.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/July-Systems-Named-Finalist-iw-1599596964.html Yahoo Finance News. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 47.
- http://www.netnewscheck.com/article/2011/12/13/15812/univision-sports-app-wins-excellence-award NetNewsCheck. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 48.
- http://www.mobilexawards.com/finalists/winners Mobile Excellence Awards 2011 Winners. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 49.
- http://www.aonetwork.com/AOStory/Announcing-2012-OnDemand-100-Top-Private-Companies AlwaysOn 2012 OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies. 6 April 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 50.
- http://www.updatapartners.com/news/178/July-Systems-Selected-by-AlwaysOn-as-an-OnDemand-Top-100-Winner/ Updata Partners. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.p. 51.
- http://julysystems.com/etail-palm-springs-2012/ eTail West 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.p. 57.
- http://multichannelsupplier.eventbrite.com/ Multichannel Mastery Event by LinkedIn eCommerce UK Group. Retrieved 15 May 2012.p. 52.