From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Juma may refer to:
- Juma (name), any of many persons named Juma
- the indigenous Juma people of Brazil
- Juma River (Brazil), in Amazonas state in north-western Brazil
- Juma River (China), in northern China
The Word Juma may derive from the Arabic word الجمعة and may then also be transcribed as gum'ah or jum'ah in South east Asia it is transcribed as Jumat or Jumaat. It has the same root as the words Jamaat or Jamia:
- Al-Jumua the 62 Sura of the Qur'an of which the names Juma or Jumaa mostly derive
- Jumu'ah the congregational Friday prayer of Islam
- Juma (town), Uzbekistan
- Juma (actor) born Jumas Omar 1943-1989
- Juma, Mozambique, village in Cabo Delgado Province
- Juma Masjid, meaning Congregational Mosque, several buildings
- Juma and the Magic Jinn, children's picture book
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.