Jumeirah (hotel chain)
|Founded||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Key people||Gerald Lawless (Chief Executive Officer)|
Jumeirah's portfolio have won numerous travel and tourism awards and includes the Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai and Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi. Global Hotels include Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in Maldives, Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai, Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany, Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto in Rome, Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah in Istanbul, Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London. It also includes two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living London. Jumeirah Group's activities include management of Wild Wadi Waterpark, spa brand Talise, Jumeirah Restaurants (the company's restaurant division) and runs both The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Managementand Jumeirah Hospitality.
Jumeirah's expansion plans include projects currently under development in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, China, Jordan, Qatar, Thailand, Egypt, Morocco, Indonesia, Azerbaijan and the Caribbean.
Sirius is Jumeirah's recognition and rewards programme.
Board of Directors
The Jumeirah Group Board of Directors has also delegated operational authority to three separate Committees, which meet on a quarterly basis . The newly formed committees are as follows:
- Audit and Risk Management Committee: Consists of three Independent Non-Executive Directors and the Chief of Group Audit and Risk Management of Dubai Holding.
- Remuneration and Nominations Committee: Consists of three Independent Non-Executive Directors and the Chief HR Officer of Dubai Holding and advises the Board on Remuneration matters and on the composition of the Board and Board committees.
- Vice Chairman’s Committee: Consists of the Executive Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Development Officer, and the Chief Legal Officer. The Vice Chairman’s Committee delegates authority to the various working groups of Jumeirah Group through the Chief Executive Officer’s Committee.
- In 2007, the Executive Chairman of Dubai Holding, His Excellency Mohammad Al Gargawi, restructured the organisation by establishing separate Boards of Directors for each of the entities, including Jumeirah Group,to enhance accountability. At the same time, entity CEOs were appointed as Executive Chairmen, and new CEOs were appointed to ensure adequate succession planning was underway.
- The role of the Executive Chairman of Jumeirah Group is to assist the newly appointed CEO to oversee all operational aspects including all project development.
- After the take over of Jumeirah Group LLC in 2011 merged the Executive Chairman and the CEO to become one Audit Committee.The Senior Director Delegates authority over all the Directors of the Audit committees, to ensure adequate management and planning is made within the company. Prior to the Dubai Holding summit the Executive Chairman was appointed as The Chief Executive Office and President of the company. Part of the Vice Chairman's management he was appointed as the General Manager of the committee.
The Board of Directors
- Gerald Lawless (Chief Executive Officer/ President)
- Fadel Al Ali (Non-Executive Director)
- FarhanFaraidooni (Non-Executive Director)
- Saeed Al Muntaliq (Non-Executive Director)
- David Michels (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Alan Parker (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Michael Slutskiy (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Michael Williams (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Ghaith Al Ghaith (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi
- Burj Al Arab
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel
- Madinat Jumeirah, translates as "Jumeirah City", is a large leisure complex including 3 hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Al Qasr
- Dar Al Masyaf
- Mina A' Salam
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre Residence
- Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
- The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management-University
- Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel
- Jumeirah Frankfurt
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto
- Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa
- Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
- Jumeirah Vittaveli
- United Kingdom
- Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel
- Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa Mallorca
Properties under development
- Jumeirah Guangzhou
- Jumeirah Clearwater Bay Resort, Sanya
- Jumeirah Hangzhou
- Jumeirah Macau
- Jumeirah Thousand Island Lake Resort, Qiandaohu
- Jumeirah Gamsha Bay Resort
- Jumeirah Mumbai
- Jumeirah Bali Resort
- Jumeirah at Saraya Aqaba
- Jumeirah Marrakech Golf & Polo Resort
- Jumeirah Dubai Tower Doha
- Jumeirah Bangkok
- British West Indies
- Jumeirah Anguilla Resort
- Jumeirah Awards - Jumeirah Awards - accessed 2012-02-21
- - The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management - accessed 2014-01-21
- Jumeirah Group Portfolio- Jumeirah Group Portfolio-accessed 2012-02-21
- Jumeirah Group's Future Plans- Jumeirah Group's Future Plans-accessed 2012-02-21
- Sirius- Sirius - accessed 2012-02-21
- Jumeirah.com - all about Rory - accessed 2011-08-11
- Jumeirah Group website
- Interview with executive chairman Gerald Lawless
- Jumeirah Carlton Tower wins Best UK Business Hotel in the 2008 Condé Nast Traveller Reader Awards
- The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management