Jumeirah Beach Hotel
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2013)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2013)|
|Jumeirah Beach Hotel|
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, seen from the base of the Burj Al Arab
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Floor count||26 |
|Design and construction|
|Architect||WS Atkins |
|Number of rooms||598 |
|Number of restaurants||20+ |
Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The hotel, which opened in 1997, is operated by the Dubai-based hotelier Jumeirah. The hotel contains 598 rooms and suites, 19 beachfront villas, and 20 restaurants and bars. This wave-shaped hotel complements the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab, which is adjacent to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The hotel occupies a location on the beach. Visitors to the hotel have at total of 33,800 square metres (364,000 sq ft) of beach for their use. Beside the hotel is the Wild Wadi Water Park. All guests in the hotel have unlimited access to the waterpark.
The beachfront area where the Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach Hotel are located was previously called Chicago Beach. The hotel is located on an island of reclaimed land offshore of the beach of the former Chicago Beach Hotel. The locale's name had its origins in the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company which at one time welded giant floating oil storage tankers on the site.
The old name persisted after the old Hotel was demolished in 1997 since Dubai Chicago Beach Hotel was the Public Project Name for the construction phase of the Burj Al Arab Hotel until Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum announced the new name.
When completed in 1997, the Jumeirah Beach Hotel was 93 metres high making it the 9th tallest building in Dubai. Today, it is ranked lower than the 100th tallest building. Despite its lower rankings, the hotel remains a Dubai landmark.
- "Jumeirah Portfolio". Jumeirah. Archived from the original on 2008-01-17. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Jumeirah Beach Hotel". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Jumeirah Beach Hotel Fact Sheet". Jumeirah. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Jumeirah Beach Hotel Guest Services". Jumeirah. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Krane, Jim City of Gold: Dubai and the Dream of Capitalism, page 103, St. Martin's Press (September 15, 2009)
- "Dubai Buildings Diagram: 1997". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Dubai Buildings Diagram: 2007". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.|