Serra High School (San Diego, California)
|Junipero Serra High School|
|5156 Santo Rd.
San Diego, CA 92124
|Enrollment||2,109 (as of 2006)|
|Color(s)||Brown & Gold|
Junipero Serra High School is a public high school situated in the community of Tierrasanta within the city of San Diego, California. It is nearly adjacent to Murphy Canyon, a large military housing community. It is a traditional school and part of the San Diego City Schools.
Smaller Learning Communities
The attributes of High School Reform/Small Learning Communities include innovation, personalization and purposeful instruction driven by ongoing data collection and analysis. This system allows teachers to team and share common planning time for common students is one proven approach to this need.
- Grade 9 - Freshmen Organized To Create Ultimate Success (FOCUS)
- Grade 10 - Sophomore School Of Humanities (SSH)
- Grade 11 - Project American Dream 11
- Grade 12 - Project American Dream 12
Serra High School's athletics programs include:
In 2011-2012 season, the girls Basketball team won San Diego CIF by defeating West Hills High School. The Football team won the inaugural City League championship in the Fall of 2012.
Several clubs and activities interact in the school to construct a more diversified school.
- A.B.C. Club
- Academic League
- Art Club
- ASB, or the Associated Student Body
- A.V.I.D. Club
- One Man Band
- Ceramic Arts
- C.S.F., or the California Scholarship Federation Club
- Dance Dance Revolution Team
- Grape Drank Club
- Got Milk? Club
- Green Club
- GSA (Gay Straight Alliance)
- Space Jam Session
- Key Club
- Link Crew
- NJROTC, or the Naval Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps
- Armed Exhibition
- Unarmed Exhibition
- Serrandipity (Newspaper)
- Surf Club
- Q News (Student-run News Show)
- Martial Arts
- Oh Serra Conquistadores,
- Oh Serra, We're proud of you.
- Oh Serra, our alma mater,
- To our school we'll be true.
- We'll sing for you, oh Serra.
- The brown and gold will always fly.
- We'll win for you and stand by you.
- You're our school Serra High
Serra students are expected to dress professionally, with respect for themselves and their classmates. Students are expected to exercise good judgment, safety, good taste and modesty regarding their dress and grooming. Any clothing considered to be disruptive to the educational process is inappropriate for school.
AP Classes & Testing
In 2006-2007 students at this school took Advanced Placement (AP) exams in the following areas:
- Art History
- Art: Studio 2-D Design
- Art: Studio Drawing
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Economics: Micro
- English Language & Composition
- English Literature & Composition
- Environmental Science
- French Canadian History
- Government & Politics: U.S.
- Physics B
- U.S. History
- World History
Serra High School Foundation
The Serra Foundation is an energetic group of volunteers consisting of parents, alumni, school administrators, and other community members, who are dedicated to raising funds for Serra High School's academic and football programs.