June Buchanan School
The June Buchanan School (JBS) is a private K-12 prep school located on the campus of Alice Lloyd College in Pippa Passes, in the U.S. state of Kentucky. It is named after founder June Buchanan, who, along with social reformer Alice Spencer Geddes Lloyd, founded the college. It has a student-teacher ratio of 10-1. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Even though JBS is located on the campus of Alice Lloyd College, it is a separate division of the Caney Creek Community Center, the non-profit organization that operates both institutions. Country star David Tolliver from the Universal/Mercury Records duo Halfway To Hazard graduated from the high school.
Eighty percent of JBS students participate in extracurricular activities, including speech and academic teams, drama, baseball, boys' and girls' basketball, cross-country, golf, softball, weightlifting, dance and tennis.
- Alice Lloyd College Catalog 2006-2008. Pippa Passes, KY: Alice Lloyd College. pp. 7–8.
- "The June Buchanan School". Alice Lloyd College. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "JBS Accreditation Success". Alice Lloyd College. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- Hjalmarson, Dori (2009-09-24). "Halfway to Hazard knows their place". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- "Academic Clubs". June Buchanan School. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "Sports Clubs". June Buchanan School. Retrieved 2009-06-18.