Following a career in the public sector she entered into merchant banking in 1992 as an operator in Fay Richwhite Limited with prime responsibility for Mortgage Corporation, a mortgage securitization vehicle. In 1997 she joined Westpac Banking Corporation New Zealand, gaining corporate banking experience. Here, June held a number of senior roles including Chief Manager Government Business, Head of Corporate Strategy and Director Corporate Affairs reporting to the Chief Executive. While at Westpac she co-authored a book to assist women in career and business called 'Women2Women'. She is currently on the board of Huia Taumata. She has governance experience of over 10 years, having been involved with a number of public, private and not-for-profit organisations, including Housing New Zealand, Accident Compensation Corporation and Westpac’s Superannuation Scheme.
June currently sits on the boards of The New Zealand Venture Investment Fund, Television New Zealand, E Centre Limited and is Chairman of Excelerator –The New Zealand Leadership Institute and Trustee of Turn Your Life Around (TYLA). Over the years, June has also held a number of advisory positions and is currently a Director on the Hui Taumata Trust and the Auckland Mayors Taskforce for Sustainable Auckland.
- Member of the Maori Economic Taskforce
- Director TVNZ
- Director Crown Health Funding Agency appointed September 2008 
- Councillor Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Council
- Director Open Wananga Ltd
- Founding Chairperson Excelerator – The New Zealand Institute
- Councillor FINSIA
- Councillor of the Peace Foundation
- Chairman Payworks Ltd
- Member Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga assessment panel
- Director New Zealand Venture Investment Fund Limited