Juneau-Douglas High School
|Juneau-Douglas High School|
|Students||630 As of 2013[update]|
|Location||Juneau City and Borough, Alaska, Juneau, Alaska, USA|
|Campus||Closed for Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors|
Juneau-Douglas High School (abbreviated JDHS) is one of three high schools in Juneau, Alaska. It is one of two primary high schools for the Juneau School District. The other main high school, Thunder Mountain High School, is roughly the same size, but primarily serves students from the Mendenhall Valley. JDHS has undergone extensive renovations, most notably to its main hall.    
As of the 2013-2014 school year, Paula Casperson is the principal.
The building is in the downtown area at 1639 Glacier Avenue, Juneau, AK 99801.
JDHS's school sports teams are the Juneau-Douglas Crimson Bears. The teams' logo is a fiercely roaring bear.
JDHS has had a renowned history in sports largely dominating its regional level of play and competing at the statewide level as well. Some of its accomplishments are back-to-back state baseball titles in 2002-2003, an 03-04 and 04-05 boys cross-country state championship, 04-05 boys swim & dive state championship, 04-05 and 09-10 softball state championship, 04-05 boys track & field state championship, 05-06 girls swim & dive state championship, and both the 05-06 and 07-08 football state championships. The JDHS soccer team was the runner up at the state championship in the 05-06 season. In the 06 summer season, the tennis team enjoyed victory up in Fairbanks in an Alaska-wide tournament. In 2008 the Bears baseball, softball, and boys soccer programs all won state titles. In 2010 both baseball and boys soccer won state championships, the boys soccer team repeated in 2011 for a second straight state championship. The women's basketball team beat Wasilla to become the state champions in 2010. JDHS women's basketball lost to Wasilla the next year, in 2011, in the state championship game.
- Carlos Boozer — NBA player
- Hilary Lindh — United States Ski Team Downhill
- Chad Bentz — MLB pitcher
- Douglas J. Eboch — Screenwriter
- Kevin Nalty — YouTube comedian
- Bristol Palin — Attended JDHS for her sophomore and junior years
- "Juneau-Douglas High School". juneauschools.org. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Juneau-Douglas High School". education.com. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Juneau-Douglas High School". greatschools.org. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Juneau-Douglas High School". local.yahoo.com. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Juneau Douglas High School". trulia.com. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- Juneau-Douglas High School website
- Official statistics
- Juneau School District website
- MSNBC article about banner case