October 1, 1970 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Spouse(s)||Lee Ha Jung (2011 - present)|
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Jun-ho|
Jung Joon-ho (born October 1, 1970) is a South Korean actor, who gained fame in the 2000 series, Women Like You, (왕추). His recent hits are The Last Scandal of My Life (내 생애 마지막 스캔들) and IRIS. Jung Jun-ho has a passionate interest in singing. In The Last Scandal of My Life aired on MBC, Jung sang his character's theme song.
Jung's performance in The Last Scandal of My Life earned him the title as one of the top excellent actors of 2008. His acting again gained recognition in 2009's hit drama, IRIS. He was crowned as one of the excellent actors.
Jung Jun-ho started his acting career at 1995. He never thought of entering the entertainment industry and becoming an actor. He admitted that when he was a kid, he was shy and would cry when his teacher placed him in front of the class to sing. After enlisting in the military, he often hosted events. He began to realize his talent - acting. He joined MBC station training class at 1995. Although he worked with many famous stars like Lee Young-ae during the first few years of his acting career, the movies and series he made in the first few years did not lend him much limelight; he remained in obscurity. Feeling discouraged, he had thoughts of retiring from the entertainment industry. After all, he considered himself as an introvert. His personality might not be suitable as an actor.
In 2000, he landed a role in television series, Women Like You (왕추). The series propelled him to stardom. At the same year, he was cast in My Boss, My Hero. To his surprise, the movie not only received high box office record but also solidified his star power. Due to his success with his comedic role in My Boss, My Hero, he was cast in many more comedic roles in series and movies between 2002 to 2006. All of them were pretty successful. His comedic image was deeply engraved in fans' mind. However, he felt typecast and hoped for a change of image and a breakthrough in his career. He questioned himself which career route he wished to head down and which new image he wanted to develop.
In 2005, a director suggested him to play a villain in Another Public Enemy. His performance stunned his fans and the media. They never knew that Jung Jun-ho has a villainous side. The positive remarks he received from his fans and media boosted his confidence in his acting. In 2008 and 2009 he gave another outstanding performances in The Last Scandal of My Life and IRIS. He hopes to take on more exotic roles in his upcoming series and movies that will give audiences a fresh feeling every time they see him onscreen.
Jung Jun-ho has 1 older sister and 2 younger brothers.
He is close friends with actor Shin Hyun-joon. He noted that they would often refer to each other as brothers or even consider each other as a family member. He was first acquainted with Shin in 2000 movie, The Siren. Since then, they became very good friends. Sometimes, they would discuss movie or series scripts with each other before deciding on whether to accept the offer to film the movie or series. In 2010, they reunited, after their last collaboration 10 years ago, to film a comedic cop movie that is similar to the American movie, Rush Hour, titled as Mr. George and Bongsik.
Besides Shin Hyun-joon, he is also good friends with many actors and actresses like Jang Dong-gun, Ahn Jae-wook, Kim Jung-eun, Choi Jin-sil and Jung Woong-in. In 2008 MBC Drama Award Ceremony, he went up in behalf of Choi Jin-sil to claim her award and brought it back to Choi Jin-sil when he paid tribute to her. Jung Jun-ho was also the host when Jeong Woong-in got married.
- Your Neighbor's Wife (jTBC, 2013)
- Queen of Reversals (MBC, 2010)
- IRIS (KBS2, 2009)
- The Last Scandal of My Life (MBC, 2008)
- Perhaps Love (Mnet, 2007)
- Princess Lulu (SBS, 2005)
- Hotelier (MBC, 2001) (cameo)
- Air Force (MBC, 2000)
- Women Like You (MBC, 2000)
- Mr. Duke (MBC, 2000) (cameo)
- Goodbye My Love (MBC, 1999)
- Love (MBC, 1998)
- Sunflower (MBC, 1998)
- Condition of Love (MBC, 1997)
- Cinderella (MBC, 1997)
- Return of the Mafia (2012)
- George and Bong-sik (2010, unreleased)
- Love, In Between (2010)
- More Than Blue (2009) (cameo)
- City of Damnation (2009)
- Swindler in My Mom's House (2007)
- West 32nd (2007) (cameo)
- Righteous Ties (2006)0
- My Boss, My Teacher (2005)
- The Twins (2005)
- Another Public Enemy (2005)
- Marrying the Mafia II (2005) (cameo)
- A Wacky Switch (2004)
- North Korean Guys (2003)
- The Legend of the Evil Lake (2003)
- Unborn But Forgotten (2002)
- Marrying the Mafia (2002)
- A Perfect Match (2002)
- My Boss, My Hero (2001)
- The Last Witness (2001)
- The Siren (2000)
- Anarchists (2000)
- 1818 (1997)
- 2010 MBC DRAMA AWARDS: Top Excellence Award Actor ( Queen of Reversals ) 
- 2009 17th Chunsa Film Festival: Hallyu Culture Daesang, Actor
- 2009 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actor (IRIS) 
- 2008 MBC Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actor (The Last Scandal of My Life) 
- 2007 Kyung Hee University Awards: Lifetime Achievement 
- 2005 28th Hwanggeum Film Awards: Best Actor 
- 2002 Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popularity Award 
- 1996 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actor 
-  MBC's "Last Scandal" site (Korean)