|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Years active||1994 – present|
|Labels||Victory Records, Napalm Records, Olympic Records, Crash Music, Inc, Pulverizer Records|
|Past members||Jim Bell
Jungle Rot was founded in 1994. The band's name refers to Jungle rot, an infection of the feet, which people developed in the jungle when their military boots got wet and were left on.
After their first two demos, the band was signed to the American independent label Pure Death Records, where they released their first album, Skin the Living, in 1996. In 1997, their second album, Slaughter the Weak was released.
The EP Darkness Foretold was released by the small label S.O.D., which is controlled by the creator of the underground music magazine Sounds of Death. The next two albums were released by Olympic Recordings. In 2008, they headlined a European tour with support from Warmaster, Downswitch, and Walking Corpse.
The band signed with Napalm Records in January 2009 and released What Horrors Await in June 2009. In April 2011, the band signed with Victory Records and released Kill on Command on June 21, 2011. On March 19, 2013, Jungle Rot released another album through Victory Records, titled Terror Regime.
- Dave Matrise – vocals, guitar
- James Genenz – bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Bub – guitar, backing vocals
- Joey Muha – drums
- Slaughter the Weak (1997)
- Dead and Buried (2001)
- Fueled by Hate (2004)
- Warzone (2006)
- What Horrors Await (2009)
- Kill on Command (2011)
- Terror Regime (2013)
- Order Shall Prevail (2015)
Demos and EPs
- Live in Germany (2006)
- "Blabbermouth.Net – Jungle Rot Signs With Victory Records". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "Victory Records - Mayhem Festival".
- Official Jungle Rot profile at Victory Records
- Jungle Rot in the Metal Archive
- Jungle Rot at MySpace
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|