(an NDS Group Plc Company)
|Founder(s)||Ofer Vilenski, Derry Shribman|
|Headquarters||San Jose, CA, USA|
|Key people||Eran Rom (CEO)|
|Products||Residential gateways, Middleware,
USB connectivity solutions
Jungo Ltd is a division of Cisco Systems Inc. which manufactures gateway software for residential and business use. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, California and its development center is based in Netanya, Israel.
The company's products, OpenRG - residential gateway software platform and OpenSMB - small and medium business gateway software platform enable OEMs) to bring broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) such as residential gateways, triple play gateways, office-in-a-box gateways[clarification needed] and firewall/VPN routers to market.
Jungo also offers USB/PCI/PCI Express/Bluetooth connectivity solutions, including WinDriver - a driver development toolkit that enables developers to create custom device drivers that can run on several operating systems without modification, and USBware - an embedded USB software protocol stack, allowing device manufactures to incorporate standard USB On-The-Go host and device connectivity in their designs.
The company also provides USB testing for both the device and the host side.
Jungo was founded in 1998 as KRFTech Ltd., by two former Checkpoint Software Technologies employees, Derry Shribman and Ofer Vilenski (who served as the company's first CEO), initially specializing in creating toolkits for hardware developers, later expanding to provide residential gateway technologies. In April 2000 the company changed its name to Jungo Ltd.
- "Jungo Ltd. - Company Profile". BusinessWeek.
- "Jungo’s $7 million second round led by TeleSoft Partners". IVCJ - Israel Venture Capital Journal. Vol. 1, No. 3. June–July 2001.
- "Jungo Raises $5.5 Million in Third-Round Funding from Infineon Ventures, The Intel Communications Fund, Partech International and TeleSoft Partners". PRNewswire. 8 Sep 2003.
- "NDS to buy Israel's Jungo for up to $107.5 mln". Reuters. 4 Dec 2006.
- "Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS". 15 March 2012.
- "Cisco Completes Acquisition of NDS". 31 July 2012.
- "NDS is now part of Cisco". 7 August 2012.