|Industry||Automotive IVI Multimedia Middleware, Driver Development, Embedded USB Stacks|
|Founders||Ofer Vilenski, Derry Shribman|
|Key people||Ophir Herbst (CEO Jungo Connectivity)|
|Products||MediaCore, WinDriver, DriverCore, USBware|
The Connected Home division of Jungo Ltd. is now part of the Cisco Videoscape Unity platform, through the acquisition of NDS. Jungo Connected Home Division, now part of Cisco, is a provider of software solutions that power residential broadband service offerings. The Jungo connected Home products have been deployed in global markets including, Cable, DSL and mobile service providers. These products are now part of the Cisco Videoscape Unity platform.
Jungo Connectivity Ltd. is a divestiture of the Connectivity Division of Jungo Ltd., focusing on the in-vehicle infotainment market.
Jungo Ltd became part of Cisco in 2012:
- Cisco Videoscape OpenRG (formerly Jungo OpenRG): "Residential Gateway" software - the world's most widely deployed gateway software
- Cisco PrimeHome (formerly Jungo Panorama): the connected Home Manager, lets service providers manage the digital home in its entirety
- Cisco Videoscape Service Application (formerly Jungo Rainbow): a platform for gateway-integrated services. It lets service providers deploy and support unified applications across different CPE.
Jungo Connectivity Ltd
Jungo Connectivity's MediaCore, high-performance multimedia and connectivity infotainment middleware, provides complete consumer device connectivity, media management, playback and content distribution. Jungo's MediaCore has been embedded[by whom?] into dozens of car brands and is used daily by millions[quantify] of drivers.
Jungo was founded in 1998 as KRFTech Ltd., by two former Checkpoint Software Technologies employees, Derry Shribman and Ofer Vilenski (who served as the company's first CEO), initially specializing in creating toolkits for hardware developers, later expanding to provide residential gateway technologies. In April 2000 the company changed its name to Jungo Ltd.
On 1 May 2013 the Connectivity Software division was divested into Jungo Connectivity Ltd.
- "Jungo Ltd. - Company Profile". BusinessWeek.
- "Jungo’s $7 million second round led by TeleSoft Partners". IVCJ - Israel Venture Capital Journal 1 (3). June–July 2001.
- "Jungo Raises $5.5 Million in Third-Round Funding from Infineon Ventures, The Intel Communications Fund, Partech International and TeleSoft Partners". PRNewswire. 8 Sep 2003.
- "NDS to buy Israel's Jungo for up to $107.5 mln". Reuters. 4 Dec 2006.
- "Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS". 15 March 2012.
- "Cisco Completes Acquisition of NDS". 31 July 2012.
- "NDS is now part of Cisco". 7 August 2012.