Junior is a category of athletics in which athletes compete under the age of 20 years.
Description and development
The principle behind the category is to introduce young people to practice athletics. Participators in the competitions in this class may be athletes who have not completed their twentieth birthday on 31 December of the year the Competition occurs.
- IAAF World Junior Championships in Athletics, organized by the IAAF every 2 years
- European Athletics Junior Championships, organized by the EAA every 2 years
- African Junior Athletics Championships
- Asian Junior Athletics Championships
- Central American and Caribbean Junior Championships in Athletics
- Pan American Junior Athletics Championships
- "Athletics & Youth". lotsofessays.com. 19 September 2011.
- "Basic Information Guide – 2011 IAAF". iaaf.org. 18 September 2011.
- List of world junior records in athletics
- International Association of Athletics Federations
- European Athletic Association
- Youth (athletics)