|Moors playing for the Windsor Wolves in 2008|
30 July 1986 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||117 kg (18 st 6 lb)|
|Position||Prop, Second-row, Centre, Lock|
Born in Auckland, New Zealand, Moors played his junior football for Cambridge Park before being signed by the Penrith Panthers. He played for the Panthers' Premier League reserve-grade team in 2006. In Round 1 of the 2007 NRL season he made his NRL debut for the Panthers against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
In a 2009 pre-season trial, Moors suffered a broken ankle which stopped him from playing first-grade that season.
Moors became a regular interchange player in the second half of 2012, making 14 appearances for the year. He said, "It’s something I have struggled with over the last couple of years, keeping my weight down but it’s been good this year. I’m starting to feel more comfortable in the team now." Statistically, Moors was revealed to be one of the most effective tacklers in the NRL in 2012, with a 94.1% success rate in tackles. He was also a member of the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers side that lost the NSW Cup grand final.
In 2013, Junior was selected for the Samoa national rugby league team in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup. He played in 3 of the Samoans 4 tournament games, scoring one try against the French in the group stage.
- Todd Balym (23 September 2009). "Daine Laurie a Panther, Tigers on signing spree". Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- Nathan Ryan (13 August 2012). "Tigers cub stalking new deal". Sports News First. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Revealed: the NRL's forward defensive heroes". NRL.com. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Wayne Cousins (30 September 2012). "Tigers go down fighting to Jets in NSW Cup Grand Final". weststigers.com.au. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Storm builds strong front". Melbourne Storm official website. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "SportingPulse Homepage for Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League". SportingPulse. Retrieved 2008-10-10.