|Area served||United Kingdom and Ireland, Czech Republic|
|Key people||Brian Collie (Chairperson)|
Jurys Inns is a chain of hotels founded in Ireland and previously owned by Jurys Doyle Hotel Group. In 2007 the Jurys Inns portfolio of hotels were bought by Derek Quinlan's Quinlan Private Venture Capital (now Avestus Capital Partners) company. The Oman Investment Fund became a shareholder in 2008 and in 2013, Jurys Inn announced a new investor group comprising Oman Investment Fund, Mount Kellett Capital Management LP, a global, multi-strategy investment fund in partnership with Avestus Capital Partners; Ulster Bank, a member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group and Westmont Hospitality Group, one of North America’s largest privately owned specialist hotel investors.
The heritage of the Jurys Group can be traced back to 1881, when William Jury opened his first boarding house in Dublin. The first Doyle Hotel, The Montrose, was built in Stillorgan, Dublin, in 1964 by PV Doyle. The newly enlarged organisation, now known as Jurys Doyle Hotel Group Limited, was formed in 1999, when the Doyle portfolio of Dublin, London and Washington DC hotels was acquired by the Jurys Hotel Group.
1993 saw the introduction of the Jurys Inns brand with the opening of the Galway and Christchurch (Dublin) Inns, in April and May respectively.
Significant events regarding the development of Jurys Hotel Group plc during the following years are listed below:
- 1994 - Opened Jurys Inn Cork in August.
- 1995 - Opened Jurys Inn Custom House (Dublin) in September.
- 1997 - Opened Jurys Inn Belfast in April.
- 1997 - Opened Jurys Inn Limerick in May.
- 1998 - Opened Jurys Inn London in May.
- 1998 - Opened Jurys Inn Edinburgh in July.
- 1999 - Opened Jurys Inn Manchester in April.
- 2001 - In March, the two Birmingham properties of Chamberlain Hotels Limited were acquired.
- 2001 - The Chamberlain Tower Hotel was renamed Jurys Inn Birmingham.
- 2002 - Jurys Inn Croydon opened in March.
- 2003 - In February, Jurys Inn Newcastle opened.
- 2003 - In August, Jurys Inn Glasgow opened as the biggest hotel in Scotland.
- 2004 - In February Jurys Inn Leeds opened.
- 2004 - In May Jurys Inn Chelsea opened.
- 2004 - In August Jurys Inn Parnell Street (Dublin) opened
- 2004 - In November Jurys Inn Heathrow opened.
- 2005 - In May Jurys Inn Southampton opened.
- 2005 - In September Jurys Inn Nottingham opened.
- 2006 – In August Jurys Inn Milton Keynes opened
- 2007 - In June Jurys Inn Plymouth opened.
- 2007 - In December Jurys Inn Brighton opened.
- 2008 - In April Jurys Inn Liverpool opened.
- 2009 – In March Jurys Inn Watford opened
- 2009 - On June 12th Jurys Inn Swindon opened.
- 2009 - On June 19th Jurys Inn Derby opened.
- 2009 - Jurys Inn Exeter opened
- 2009 - In August Jurys Inn Prague opened in Praha, the capital of the Czech Republic, their first hotel on the mainland of Europe.
- 2009 - In September Jurys Inn Aberdeen opened.
- 2011 - In July, Jurys Inn Bradford Southgate Opened opposite the National Media Museum which was opened as part of the new Southgate complex with Provident Financial offices.
- 2011 - In August Jurys Inn Gateshead Quays opened in Newcastle (England).
- 2014 – In May, Jurys Inn Chelsea rebranded as DoubleTree by Hilton London-Chelsea.
- 2014 – Jurys Inn Islington will rebrand as DoubleTree by Hilton London-Islington and Jurys Inn Heathrow will rebrand as Hilton Garden Inn in 2014.
Jurys Inn shareholders now comprise the Oman Investment Fund; US-based investment group Mount Kellett Capital Management LP in partnership with Dublin-based Avestus Capital Partners; Ulster Bank; and Westmont Hospitality Group, one of North America's biggest privately owned specialist hotel investors.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jurys Inn.|