Just Dance (Indian TV series)
|Developed by||Sol (production company)|
|Directed by||Ashim Sen|
|Creative director(s)||Tania Bath|
|Presented by||Ayushmann Khurrana|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||30|
|Producer(s)||Sol (production company)|
|Running time||Approx. 52 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sol (production company)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original run||18 June 2011 – 1 October 2011|
Just Dance is an Indian television dance-reality series on Star Plus. The series is judged by well-known Bollywood film actor Hrithik Roshan along with choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant and film director Farah Khan. Hrithik Roshan rehearsed for 5 hours a day for 5 days to shoot for the promotional video of the series, which is choreographed by shows judge, Vaibhavi Merchant. It premiered on 18 June 2011 at 9 PM in India and airs every Saturday and Sunday.
The 52 dancers were selected from India and outside of India. They were invited to Mumbai for further competition to select the top 12 dancers for the show. The top 12 contestants were decided for the show but due to some reasons, 13 dancers were selected.
- Ankan Sen from Kolkata Winner
- Surjeet Bansal from Delhi 1st Runner-up
- Karan Khanna from Mumbai 2nd Runner-up
- Rajit Dev from Mumbai - [Eliminated]
- Soumita Roy from Kolkata - [Eliminated]
- Abhash Mukherjee from Ranchi- [Eliminated]
- Swarali Karulkar from Mumbai - [Eliminated]
- Meher Malik from Delhi- [Eliminated]
- Kruti Shah from Marlboro, New Jersey-[Eliminated]
- Karan Pangali from London - [Eliminated]
- Irfan Shaikh from Baroda - [Eliminated]
- Hitesh Patil from Mumbai - [Eliminated]
- Preeti Chafale from Nagpur - [Eliminated]
On the day of every elimination Hrithik Roshan gave a check of three Lakh rupees to the eliminated contestant from his personal account (without contribution of TV channel).
The Season 1 of the competition was won by Ankan Sen from Kolkata, while Surjeet Bansal from Delhi won the second spot. Ankan Sen was awarded with Rs 10 million and a Maruti Suzuki Swift car. Hrithik personally rewarded Surjeet with 1 million rupees and he also received a Maruti Suzuki Swift car. Both of them got a contract with Star Plus. Karan got a trophy and a Rs 300,000 check from Hrithik.
The show was produced by Sol Production. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and Cadbury India Ltd were the main sponsors of the show. Around 150 people including cast and crew are working on production team. Actor Hrithik Roshan will make his television debut from Just Dance, produced at nearly Rs. 40 million per episode. Hrithik Roshan has been paid 17.5 million INR per episode which makes him the highest paid Bollywood actor in television entertainment. In terms of scale, this could be among the costliest television productions in the Hindi entertainment genre.
Produced by Sol productions, the show will be shot across 30 episodes. It will start with auditions, and then proceed through eliminations, as the participants vie to be the apple of Hrithik's eye. Contestants are called through registration process to participate in the audition. In the auditions, the best dancers are chosen by Vaibhavi Merchant and Farah Khan and given JDS certificate. Selected contestants wait in waiting zone for HR Bracelet which allow them to perform before Hrithik Roshan in Mumbai.
The show got the highest opening (a cumulative TRP of 4.7) for a reality show for 2011.Hrithik Roshan was voted as the best TV host by a poll conducted by Ormax Media. Besides the show won the award for best reality show at the Indian Television Academy. Ayushmann Khurrana also won award as the best host. As per TAM data,The grand finale held on 1 October 2011 was watched by an unprecedented 97 million viewers in the country. It featured some of Bollywood's well-known actors like Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha and Deepika Padukone.
- "Farah Khan & Vaibhavi as judges on 'Just Dance'". BizAsia UK. 2011.
- "Hrithik's music video for Just Dance". Tribune India: Chatterbox. 31 March 2011.
- "Hrithik Roshan voted as the best TV host". Times of India. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "The ITA Awards » The Indian Television Academy Awards". Indian Television Academy. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "97 million viewers tune into Star Plus for Just Dance finale". bestmediainfo.com. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Just Dance Official Site on STAR Plus India
- Just Dance information guide
- Just Dance Times of India News Article