|Subject||Relationship with Robert Mapplethorpe|
|January 19, 2010|
Just Kids won the 2010 National Book Award for Nonfiction. It was a Publishers Weekly’s Top 10 Best Books (2010), ALA Notable Book (2011), Los Angeles Times Book Prize finalist (Current Interest, 2010), New York Times bestseller (Nonfiction, 2010), and National Book Critics Circle Award finalist (Autobiography/Memoir, 2010).
Just Kids was featured on the January 19, 2010, episode of Fresh Air, with Smith being interviewed by Terry Gross. Just Kids was also featured on KQED's Forum with Michael Krasny on January 28, 2010 and KCRW's Bookworm with host Michael Silverblatt in March 2010. It was the Book of the Week on BBC Radio 4 from 1–5 March 2010, with Smith reading five 15 minute excerpts from her book.
- Bohemian Soul Mates in Obscurity The New York Times, January 17, 2010
- "National Book Awards – 2010". National Book Foundation. Retrieved 2012-02-20. (With interview, acceptance speech, and reading.)
- Just Kids: Punk Icon Patti Smith Looks Back National Public Radio, January 19, 2010
- Patti Smith: Just Kids Part 1 KCRW's Bookworm with Host Michael Silverblatt
- Book of the Week: Just Kids BBC Radio 4, March 5, 2010
- Review in The Guardian by Edmund White
- Review on Frontier Psychiatrist by Gina Myers
- Review on Thought Catalog by The Thoughtful Reader
- Smith, Patti (2010-12-29). Patti Smith Reflects on Power of Words, Rock 'N' Roll (Video & transcript). Interview with Jeffrey Brown. PBS NewsHour. WETA. Washington. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Smith, Patti (2010-12-21). Singer-songwriter Patti Smith (Video & transcript). (Interview). The Tavis Smiley Show. KCET. Los Angeles. Retrieved 2011-01-12.