|Studio album by Status Quo|
|Producer||John Eden and Status Quo|
|Status Quo chronology|
|Singles from Just Supposin'|
Just Supposin' is the thirteenth album by Status Quo. Co-produced by the group and John Eden, it was recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin. Released in October 1980, it entered the UK albums chart at number 4.
Three tracks were issued as singles the same year, "What You're Proposing", and a double A-side, "Lies"/"Don't Drive My Car". At the end of 1981 an edited version of another track, the uncharacteristic ballad "Rock 'n' Roll", appeared as a single after the release of Quo's subsequent album Never Too Late. It was a prolific recording session, which included enough material for Never Too Late, released only five months later.
"Over the Edge" was co-written by bass player Alan Lancaster and Keith Lamb, lead singer of British bands The Case, Sleepy Talk and Mr. Toad, and founder and lead singer of Australia's successful glam rock band Hush.
In their retrospective review, Allmusic mostly praised the album's set of songs, commenting that they "married the expected boogie to a new wave quirkiness that was straight out of the year's hippest fashion guides. It works, as well – for the most part, anyway."
- "What You're Proposing" (Francis Rossi/Bernie Frost) – 4:15
- "Run to Mummy" (Rossi/Andy Bown) – 3:08
- "Don't Drive My Car" (Rick Parfitt/Bown) – 4:30
- "Lies" (Rossi/Frost) – 3:56
- "Over the Edge" (Alan Lancaster/Keith Lamb) - 4:29
- "The Wild Ones" (Lancaster) – 3:53
- "Name of the Game" (Rossi/Lancaster/Bown) – 4:26
- "Coming and Going" (Parfitt/Bob Young) – 6:20
- "Rock 'n' Roll" (Rossi/Frost) – 5:23
2005 reissue bonus track
- "AB Blues" (Rossi/Parfitt/Lancaster/John Coghlan/Bown) – 4:28
- Francis Rossi – Guitar, vocals
- Rick Parfitt – Guitar, vocals
- Alan Lancaster – Bass, vocals
- John Coghlan – drums
- Andy Bown – keyboards
- Bernie Frost – backing vocals
- Bob Young – Harmonica on "Coming And Going"
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|