|Single by The Pretty Reckless|
|from the album Light Me Up|
|Released||December 23, 2010|
|Writer(s)||Taylor Momsen, Kato Khandwala & Ben Phillips|
|The Pretty Reckless singles chronology|
"Just Tonight" is the third single by the American alternative rock band The Pretty Reckless, taken from their debut studio album Light Me Up, from which it was the third and final single from the album. The song was written by band members Taylor Momsen, Ben Phillips and Kato Khandwala.
The release date for the single was originally announced as 9 November 2010 before being put back to 13 December. The release date was put back again to 27 December when it was released on digital download.
Just Tonight later became the first single from the album to be released in the US after its US release was delayed until February 2011. The single received favourable reviews, reflected as the album peaked at number four on iTunes as of 18/04/2011.
"Just Tonight" received mostly positive reviews from critics. Robert Copsey on Digital Spy gave it four out of five stars, saying "A song about being stuck in a flagging relationship may not tread any new lyrical ground, but when it's backed by a chunky pop/rock melody, thrashing guitars and oh-so smoky vocals, the result is more gratifying than that first sip of blue WKD round ya mate's". Fraser McAlpine on BBC Radio 1's The Chart Blog gave the song four stars, praising singer Taylor Momsen's vocals and describing the song as "a thoughtful, hurt sort of a song" that "plays straight - from the heart to the heart - and is all the better for it". Reviewer OddOne on website Unreality Shout gave the song 4.5 stars, saying that it was "just brilliant - there's hooks, emotion, thought-provoking lyrics, all topped off with a monstrous chorus that brings plenty of teenaged angst to proceedings". Rebecca Nicholson in The Guardian however, was critical, describing the song as sounding "like Evanescence doing a song for the sole reason of soundtracking an emotional scene on Grey's Anatomy".
Live performances 
Music video 
The video for the song was directed by Meiert Avis, who had directed the videos for the band's previous singles, "Make Me Wanna Die" and "Miss Nothing". The video was shot on location at the Kingsbridge Armory in The Bronx, New York City. The video was released on VEVO on 2 November 2010. The music video was available as the "Free Music Video of The Week" in February on iTunes.
Track listing 
UK digital EP
- "Just Tonight" - 2:47
- "Just Tonight" (Acoustic Version) - 3:04
- "Just Tonight" (Music Video) - 3:03
|UK Rock (The Official Charts Company)||9|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||163|
|US Billboard Digital Rock Songs||25|
- Copsey, Robert, "Pretty Reckless unveil new single, tour", Digital Spy, 26/10/10, retrieved 17/4/11
- Copsey, Robert, "The Pretty Reckless: 'Just Tonight'", Digital Spy, 28/10/10, retrieved 22/2/11
- McAlpine, Fraser, "The Pretty Reckless - 'Just Tonight'", bbc.co.uk, 10/12/10, retrieved 23/2/11
- OddOne, "Single Review: The Pretty Reckless - 'Just Tonight'", Unreality Shout, 2/1/11, retrieved 24/2/11
- Nicholson, Rebecca, "This week's new singles", The Guardian, 11/12/10, retrieved 26/2/11
- "Live Lounge: The Pretty Reckless", bbc.co.uk, 11/12/10, retrieved 27/3/11
- "The Pretty Reckless on Live From Studio Five", Taylor Momsen Source, 14/12/10, retrieved 27/3/11
- "The Pretty Reckless with Taylor Momsen", www.lopeztonight.com, 11/2/11, retrieved 16/4/11
- Papert, Charles, "The Pretty Reckless - Just Tonight", cinema5d.com, 2/11/10, retrieved 27/2/11
- UK Rock Chart archive Retrieved: 2010-05-29.
- UK Singles Chart archive