Just for Men
Just for Men is a hair coloring product designed for and marketed to men and manufactured by Combe Incorporated. Just for Men is designed to color gray hair, with additional product lines for coloring gray hair in beards, sideburns, and mustaches, and the Touch of Gray product is intended for gradual hair coloring. Just For Men comes in Light brown, Medium brown, Dark brown, Real Black, Sandy Blond (in Canada) and Jet Black. Red and blond are not offered.
Ingredients include Ethoxydiglycol (an organic solvent), oleyl alcohol, Vegetable fatty acid, Ethanolamine (solvent and alkalizer), erythorbic acid (antioxidant and sunscreen), Trisodium EDTA (protects the other ingredients against water-born copper), Polyquaterium-22 (polymer conditioner), p-Aminophenol and p-Phenylenediamine (reactive coloring agents), Resorcinol, and Hydrogen Peroxide.
The product is available in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. In the U.S.A., the product sells for less than $10 per pack, which can last from one to six weeks; reviews are somewhat mixed, with some users reporting allergic reactions.
Many users report allergic reactions, either immediately or after regular prolonged use. These can include rashes, swelling, and even burning.   One of the active ingredients is PPD, p-Phenylenediamine, which was voted Allergen of the Year in 2006 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society. Some users switch to henna based products, such as Wolfshead Beardye as a result.  Package directions do instruct users to do a skin allergy test 48 hours in advance. 
Just for Men television advertising in the United States features sports celebrities Walt Frazier and Keith Hernandez as sportscasters, whose ads have aired for over five and a half years. A January 2008 spot had them visiting a grey-bearded Emmitt Smith in an NFL style nursing home where Frazier proclaims "Your 'stache is trash!" and "The beard is weird!"
- What's Inside: 'Just for Men' Hair Color
- Amazon.com Customer Reviews: Just for Men Shampoo-In Hair Color
- News Tribune 27 October 2012
- The Guardian 28 Nov 2011
- DeLeo, Vincent A. (2006). "Contact Allergen of the Year: p-Phenylenediamine". Dermatitis 17 (2): 53–55.
- Dailymail 5 February 2011
- Just For Men - Running Back Rest Home commercial SplendAd.com (January 2008) Retrieved February 2, 2008.
- Sandomir, Richard Just for Men Just Right for Former Stars The New York Times (January 8, 2008). Retrieved February 2, 2008.
- Combe Incorporated -- Official Site
- Just for Men -- Official Site
- Wolfshead Beardye -- Official Site
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|