Just in Love
|"Just in Love"|
|Single by Joe Jonas|
|from the album Fastlife|
|Released||September 13, 2011|
|Writer(s)||Joe Jonas, James Fauntleroy II, LaShawn Daniels, Robin Tadross|
|Joe Jonas singles chronology|
"Just in Love" is a song performed by the American singer Joe Jonas. The song was released on September 13, 2011 by Hollywood Records, as the second and final single from his debut album, Fastlife (2011). The song was written by Jonas and James Fauntleroy and produced by Rob Knox, taken from his debut solo album Fastlife. The song garnered mixed reception from music critics. An official remix of the track features a verse from American rapper Lil Wayne and slightly altered production; it received a Parental Advisory sticker for this because of the explicit lyrics Lil Wayne raps.
Background and composition
A 20 second sample of "Just in Love" by Joe Jonas, where a portion of the chorus is heard.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The song was written by Joe Jonas and James Fauntleroy, with production by Rob Knox.
"Just in Love" is a Latin-tinged dance track with a thumping beat behind a synthy sound. In the song, Joe professes his love for a girl who may not be clear about his intentions. On the chorus, he sings, "Just running from the truth/ That I'm scared of losing you/ You are worth too much to lose/ Baby, even if you're still confused/ Girl I'm just in love with you."
Jonas explained the song’s origin, telling Ryan Seacrest:
“This is a song I wrote when I was going through a relationship with somebody. She [was] arguing with me, and all I could do was say ‘Listen, I love you, but we don’t need to go through this.’”
Scott Shetler from Pop Crunch rated it 4.5 out of five stars and says that "a seductive song that impresses in just about every way. The track has a lot of energy, with guitars and synths accentuating a powerful beat."
The official music video for the song premiered on September 12, 2011 on E! News. It was directed by Jaci Judelson.
The video is composed of shots of Joe Jonas and his female companion (played by French model Angele Sassy) as they make out all around one of Europe's most beautiful cities, weaving together the tale of their brief but passionate love affair. However, all good things must come to an end and Joe leaves his French lady love behind. The video closes out with Joe looking back as he walks away in the dark of the night.
VH1 says of Joe’s new vid, “it’s a smart play: as he toes the line of ‘adult’ representation regarding sex, which everybody notices, he slyly introduces a more grown-up aesthetic in the background. And for our money, it works.” MTV adds, “the retro-tinged, very sexy clip is set in Paris, with Joe cavorting around town with French model Angele. The two run around in their designer duds, making out in cafés, catching the metro, driving around in cars, hanging out in a bathtub and kissing in bed (a lot).” The Improper makes this quip about Jonas and his gal pal: “no purity rings are in sight as Joe climbs into the tub with her and the two have sex.” The Huffington Post notes, “Paris has always been the city of transformations. It was true for Audrey Hepburn, it was true for Ernest Hemingway and now the city of light can be proud of initiating another young soul: Joe Jonas.”
On October 3, 2011, the official remix was released on On Air with Ryan Seacrest. It featured a new verse from rapper Lil Wayne, replacing the second verse. The song was made available on iTunes on October 4, 2011. 
The remix is featured on the Fastlife CD, however, it is censored at two spots during Lil Wayne's rap.
- Just In Love [Moto Blanco Radio Mix] 3:43
- Just In Love [Moto Blanco Club Mix] 6:42
- Just In Love [Moto Blanco Instrumental] 6:42
- Just In Love [Soul Seekerz Radio Mix] 3:43
- Just In Love [Soul Seekerz Club Mix] 8:04
- Just In Love [Soul Seekerz Instrumental] 8:04
- Just In Love [Remix] 3:26 featuring Lil Wayne
- Just In Love [Clean Remix] 3:26 featuring Lil Wayne
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||22|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||6|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||85|
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 9, 2011). "Joe Jonas Drops New Single 'Just In Love'". MTV. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- Ballhorn, Kelly (September 9, 2011). "WORLD PREMIERE: The New Single From Joe Jonas ‘Just In Love’". Ryan Seacrest. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "JOE JONAS, ‘JUST IN LOVE’ – SONG REVIEW - Pop Crush". Pop Crunch. September 10, 2011. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 13, 2011). "Joe Jonas Steams Up Paris In 'Just In Love' Video". MTV. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- "Joe Jonas Makes Passion Play in Just in Love Video (watch!)". TheImproper. 12 September 2011.
- "Joe Jonas’ Delayed Fast Life Solo Album Debuts (video)". TheImproper. 11 October 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Joe Jonas – Just In Love" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Joe Jonas – Just In Love" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Official UK Top 100 Singles". The Official Charts Company. October 29, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2011.