|Motto: Peaceful, pretty, and proud|
|Area||2.88 sq mi (7 km2)|
|- land||2.84 sq mi (7 km2)|
|- water||0.04 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||4,551.4 / sq mi (1,757 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Justice, Illinois|
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 2.88 square miles (7.5 km2), of which 2.84 square miles (7.4 km2) (or 98.61%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 1.39%) is water.
A major road running through the town is Archer Avenue (Illinois Route 171); in addition, Justice lies close to Interstate 55 (also called the Stevenson Expressway, after Adlai Stevenson) and Interstate 294 just east of La Grange Road (U.S. Route 45).
As of the 2010 census, there were 12,926 people, 4,764 households, and 3,328 families residing in the village. The population density was 4,551.4 people per square mile (1,746.8/km²). There were 5,176 housing units at an average density of 1,822.5 per square mile (699.5/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 69.4% White, 22.6% African American, 0.3% Native American, 1.8% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 3.7% some other race, and 2.1% from two or more races.
In 2010 there were 4,764 households, out of which 39.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.1% were headed by married couples living together, 19.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.1% were non-families. 24.6% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.1% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71, and the average family size was 3.26.
In the village the population was spread out with 26.3% under the age of 18, 10.0% from 18 to 24, 30.5% from 25 to 44, 25.5% from 45 to 64, and 7.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32.5 years. For every 100 females there were 91.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.1 males.
For the period 2007-11, the estimated median annual income for a household in the village was $50,379, and the median income for a family was $56,082. Male full-time workers had a median income of $49,112 versus $31,236 for females. The per capita income for the village was $23,073. About 12.3% of families and 12.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 24.4% of those under age 18 and 4.2% of those age 65 or over.
The Village President is Krzysztof (Kris) Wasowicz. The Village Clerk is Kathleen Svaboda. Village Trustees are Henry Oszakiewski, Melanie Kuban, Ed Rusch Jr., Sue Small, Richard Sparr, and Richard Symonds.
Justice is in Illinois' 3rd congressional district.
Elementary and middle school students attend schools in Indian Springs School District 109. High school students go on to Argo Community High School District 217 in neighboring Summit.the schools are Brodnicki, Kindergarten through 6th. Also Wilkins Junior High, grades Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- Village of Justice, IL. "About Us". Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Justice village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- PDF (38.9 KiB). U.S. Census Bureau. Accessed 2007-04-03.
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2007-2011 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates (DP03): Justice village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 13, 2013.