||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Born||Justin Michael Gaston
August 12, 1988
Pineville, Louisiana, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Melissa Ordway (m. 2012)|
Justin Michael Gaston (born August 12, 1988) is an American singer-songwriter, model, and actor who was also a contestant on Nashville Star on season 6. He finished 10th overall out of 12 contestants. He portrayed the role of Ben Rogers on Days of Our Lives for less than four months in 2014.
In 2005, Justin Gaston left his hometown of Pineville, Louisiana, to pursue a career in acting. Gaston first worked as an underwear model for Christian Audigier, Adidas, International Jock, and Hugo Boss.
Gaston appeared as Taylor Swift's love interest on her 2008 music video for "Love Story", and also appeared on the pilot episode of the television series Glee, which premiered on the Fox network on May 19, 2009.
In February 2010, Gaston began appearing on Simon Fuller's interactive reality show, the If I Can Dream webseries, which aired on Hulu. The show provided round-the-clock coverage of the daily lives of five aspiring stars who had moved into a house in Hollywood, California. Gaston's costars were Ben Elliott, Giglianne Braga, Kara Killmer, and Amanda Phillips.
On April 14, 2010, Gaston performed a duet on Simon Fuller's American Idol with Brooke White, the fifth place finalist on season 7. Gaston's song choice was the Elvis Presley ballad, "If I Can Dream".
On February 6, 2014, it was announced that Gaston joined the cast of the soap opera Days of Our Lives. He played the role of Jordan Ridgeway's brother, Ben Ridgeway, making his first appearance on February 27, 2014. Gaston was let go from the series at the end of the first 13-weeks of his contract cycle; he was replaced by former All My Children actor Robert Scott Wilson.
Gaston was born in Pineville, Louisiana. He attended Pineville High School. He competed in track and field, finishing sixth in the pole vault at the 2005 Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA) 4A State Championship meet. Gaston achieved a height of 12' 6" in the competition.
|2011||Deadly Sibling Rivalry||Police Officer|
|2012||Game Change||Levi Johnston|
|2014||Ice Scream||Mark||Post production|
|2008||Nashville Star||Himself||Three episodes; Sixth season contestant|
|2009||Glee||Football Player||One episode; "Pilot"|
|2010||If I Can Dream||Himself||18 episodes|
|2012||Single Ladies||Gavin||One episode|
|2013||The Client List||J. D. Whitman||One episode|
|2014||Days of Our Lives||Ben Rogers||22 episodes|
- "Justin Gaston | Photoshoot | Tetu Magazine | Nautical | Spring 2013 Fashion". homorazzi.com. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- "Fox Holds "Glee" Tryouts After "American Idol" Tuesday, May 19 – New One-Hour Musical Comedy Series to Preview Post-American Idol" (Press release). Fox Broadcasting Company. March 5, 2009. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-04-15). "Brooke White, Justin Gaston Smolder In 'Idol' Duet - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "The PETA Files". PETA.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Who Wants a Happy Ending?". If I Can Dream. Season 1. Episode 18. 2010-06-29. Hulu.
- "Justin Gaston Cast As Jordan’s Brother Ben On Days Of Our Lives!". Michaelfairmansoaps.com. 2014-02-06. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- Kroll, Dan J (April 14, 2014). "DAYS hires AMC's Rob Wilson as its new Ben". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Louisiana High School Athletic Association". Lhsaa.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Miley Cyrus Ex Justin Gaston Weds Melissa Ordway". E! Online. Retrieved 2012-09-25.