Krueger playing with the German National Team
October 6, 1986 |
Düsseldorf, West Germany
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
|NHL Draft||213th overall, 2006
Justin Matthew Krueger (born October 6, 1986) is a German professional ice hockey defenceman. He currently plays for the Charlotte Checkers, the AHL affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes. He was selected by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 7th round (213th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career 
Krueger began his career in 2004 with HC Davos in the Swiss Junior League and recorded 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 38 games. Krueger moved after one year from Davos to North America and signed with the Penticton Vees of the BCHL. After this season he was named the Best Conditioned Athlete by Penticton Vees and was drafted in the seventh round, 213th overall, by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Justin was then recruited to play collegiate hockey, joining the Cornell Big Red as a freshman in 2006.
International play 
|Men's ice hockey|
|Competitor for Germany|
|World Junior Ice Hockey Championships|
|Gold||2006 Slovenia||Division I Group A|
|IIHF World U18 Championship|
|Gold||2004 Italy||Division I Group B|
He won two gold medals with the Germany national youth ice hockey team, the first in the 2004 U-18 Division I World Championships and as team captain in the 2006 U-20 Division I World Championship. Krueger first tried out for Team Germany before the 2009 Deutschland Cup held in Munich, Germany, but did not play for that tournament. He was chosen to play for Team Germany for the first time at the 2010 IIHF World Championship in Germany.
Personal life 
Career statistics 
- Checkers set lineup for first preseason game. Official website of Charlotte Checkers, 30 September 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Eliteprospects.com - Justin Krueger
- College Hockey News: Justin Krueger
- Canes Agree to Terms with Justin Krueger. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Krupp testet Spieler beim Deutschland-Cup mit Blick auf Olympia: "Niemand hat einen Freifahrtsschein"
- Krueger cheers for son. Alan Adams, IIHF website, 10 May 2010. Retrieved 2 Jan 2011.
- Cornell University - 2009-10 Men's Ice Hockey Roster
- Justin Krueger im SPOX-Interview "Mein Bachelor in Hotelmanagement"