Long at the Toronto International Film Festival, 2011
|Born||Justin Jacob Long
June 2, 1978
Fairfield, Connecticut, U.S.
|Alma mater||Vassar College|
Justin Jacob Long (born June 2, 1978) is an American actor, known for his roles in the films Jeepers Creepers, Galaxy Quest, Dodgeball, Accepted, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Live Free or Die Hard, for his role as Warren Cheswick on the NBC TV series Ed, and for his appearances with John Hodgman in TV commercials for Apple's "Get a Mac" advertising campaign.
Long was born in Fairfield, Connecticut to father, Raymond James Long, a Philosophy and Latin professor at Fairfield University, and mother, Wendy Lesniak, a former actress who has mostly appeared on stage. His grandmother was of Sicilian descent. Long had a conservative Roman Catholic upbringing. His older brother, Damian, is a local stage actor as well as a teacher and theatre director at Weston High School. Long attended Fairfield College Preparatory School, a Jesuit school, and Vassar College, where he was a member of the sketch comedy group Laughingstock and starred in several plays, including Butterflies Are Free. Long worked at Sacred Heart University as an acting instructor/counselor for a children's theater group.
Long's film credits include Idiocracy, Waiting..., Jeepers Creepers, DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story, The Break-Up, Crossroads, Galaxy Quest, Dreamland, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Live Free or Die Hard. He was also a regular on the NBC TV series Ed (2000–2004), playing socially awkward Warren Cheswick. He voiced the character of Alvin in Alvin and the Chipmunks, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, and is planned to voice him in Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip. He also played the main character in the 2006 comedy film Accepted.
Long made a guest appearance in the 2006 documentary, Wild West Comedy Show. In 2007, he co-starred with Bruce Willis as a "white-hat hacker" in Live Free or Die Hard and had a role in the film, The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang. Long is known for his depiction of a Mac in Apple's “Get a Mac” campaign. The campaign features commercials in which Long as a Mac and John Hodgman as a PC engage in playful banter about "the strengths of the Mac platform and weaknesses of the PC platform."
Long also had a small role in the 2008 comedy Zack and Miri Make a Porno, where he plays Brandon St. Randy, a gay porn star. In 2009, he starred in He's Just Not That into You along with co-star Ginnifer Goodwin and After.Life opposite Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci. He also provided the voice of Humphrey in Alpha and Omega (2010), starring with Hayden Panettiere. Also in 2010, Long starred in the comedy Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore. He was cast as a one-armed Civil War veteran in Robert Redford's The Conspirator.
Long read the audiobook version of Judy Blume's Then Again, Maybe I Won't and Stephen King's Everything's Eventual. From July 7–18, 2010, he appeared in a production of Samuel J. and K. at the Williamstown Theatre Festival. On August 16, 2010, he co-hosted WWE Raw with Going the Distance co-stars Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Long dated actress Drew Barrymore, but they confirmed their split in July 2008. The couple reunited in 2009 and co-starred in the 2010 film Going the Distance. They then reportedly split again in 2010. Since October 2013, he has been dating actress Amanda Seyfried.
|2001||Jeepers Creepers||Darry Jenner|
|2003||Jeepers Creepers 2||Darry Jenner|
|2004||Raising Genius||Hal Nestor|
|2004||DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story||Justin Redman|
|2004||Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie||Chris Harken||Direct-to-video|
|2005||Robin's Big Date||Robin||Short film|
|2005||Herbie: Fully Loaded||Kevin|
|2006||The Sasquatch Gang||Zerk Wilder|
|2006||The Break-Up||Christopher Hirons|
|2006||Accepted||Bartleby “B” Gaines|
|2007||Live Free or Die Hard||Matt Farrell|
|2007||Battle for Terra||Senn||Voice|
|2007||Alvin and the Chipmunks||Alvin Seville||Voice|
|2007||Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story||George Harrison||Uncredited|
|2008||Just Add Water||Spoonie|
|2008||Zack and Miri Make a Porno||Brandon St. Randy|
|2008||Pineapple Express||Justin||Deleted scene|
|2009||He's Just Not That into You||Alex|
|2009||Taking Chances||Chase Revere|
|2009||Drag Me to Hell||Clay Dalton|
|2009||Funny People||Re-Do Guy|
|2009||Beyond All Boundaries||Corp. James R. Garrett / Sgt. John H. Morris||Short film; voices|
|2009||Planet 51||Lem (voice)|
|2009||Old Dogs||Troop Leader Adam Devlin||Uncredited|
|2009||Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel||Alvin Seville||Voice|
|2010||Youth in Revolt||Paul Saunders|
|2010||Going the Distance||Garrett|
|2010||Alpha and Omega||Humphrey||Voice|
|2011||The Conspirator||Nicholas Baker|
|2011||10 Years||Marty Burn|
|2011||Free Hugs||Checkout Boy||Short film|
|2011||Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked||Alvin Seville||Voice|
|2012||For a Good Time, Call...||Jesse|
|2012||Best Man Down||Scott|
|2013||Movie 43||Robin||Segment: "Super Hero Speed Dating"|
|2013||A Case of You||Sam||Also producer and writer|
|2013||Walking with Dinosaurs||Patchi||Voice|
|2014||Ask Me Anything||Dan Gallo|
|2014||Veronica Mars||Drunken Wingman||Uncredited|
|2014||Comet||Dell||Also executive producer|
|2014||The Lookalike||Holt Mulligan||Also executive producer; in post-production|
|2015||Yoga Hosers||The Master of Winnipeg Enlightenment||Filming|
|2015||Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip||Alvin Seville||Voice|
|2000–04||Ed||Warren P. Cheswick||71 episodes|
|2006||Campus Ladies||Connor||Episode: "Fraternity Row"|
|2006||That '70s Show||Andrew Davis||Episode: "Love of My Life"|
|2006–07||King of the Hill||Various voices||3 episodes|
|2011–15||New Girl||Paul Genzlinger||5 episodes|
|2012||Unsupervised||Gary (voice)||13 episodes|
|2014||TripTank||Camera Man / Andrew||2 episodes; voices|
|2014||F Is for Family||Kevin Murphy|
- "Justin Long Bio". Young Hollywood. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Justin Long Interview, Die Hard 4 - MoviesOnline". Moviesonline.ca. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- "Justin Long biography". Buddytv. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Murray, Rebecca. "Justin Long Talks About The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang and Strange Wilderness". About.com. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- Topel, Fred (2006-08-14). "Interview: Justin Long". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
My family is Roman Catholic and kind of conservative...
- "Q & A with Die Hard's Justin Long". London: Daily Mail. 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
I grew up in a Catholic, conservative family
- "Justin Long- Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Kroll, Justin. "Tony Hale Joins ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- "Mac Computer And Maggie Q For Die Hard 4". Cinemablend.com. 2006-09-22. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- McNamara, Mary. "Not Strictly Commercial". Los Angeles Times. July 23, 2006.
- Pics and Justin Long for Redford’s Conspirator (2009-10-16). "Pics and Justin Long for Redford’s Conspirator". News in Film. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- "''Samuel J. and K'' appearance". Wtfestival.org. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Raw Special Guest Stars - August 16, 2010: The Cast of 'Going the Distance'". Wwe.com. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Justin Long Takes Drew Barrymore Home to Meet the Parents". People. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- "Drew Barrymore and Justin Long end relationship". Fox News.com. 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Drew Barrymore, Justin Long Back Together ... for a Movie". Us Weekly. 2009-03-31. Archived from the original on May 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "It must be serious! Makeup-free Amanda Seyfried takes boyfriend Justin Long to South Korea where she's mobbed by fans that wish her a happy birthday". Daily Mail (London).
- Mogg, Trevor. "iSteve: Funny or Die to debut Steve Jobs comedy biopic starring Justin Long". Digital Trends. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Long.|
- Justin Long at the Internet Movie Database
- Video interview with Justin Long at the premiere of The Break-Up