Ferreira at a shoot for Motive, September 2013
20 February 1967
Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal
Louis Ferreira (also known as Luís Ferreira or Justin Louis, sometimes spelled as Justin Lewis) is a Portuguese-Canadian actor. Ferreira is best known for his roles in Stargate Universe as Colonel Everett Young, serial killer Ray Prager in the first season of Durham County, FBI Assistant Director John Pollock in Missing, and Art Blank in Saw IV. He is currently starring in the CTV series Motive as homicide detective Oscar Vega.
Ferreira was born on 20 February 1967, in Terceira, Azores, and emigrated with his parents to Canada early in his life. He grew up in the Jane and Finch neighborhood in North York, Ontario.
The actor went by the stage name Justin Louis for 25 years until his Portuguese-born mother died in 2008, after which he decided to use his family name and "Louis", an approximation of his given name, "Luis".
Ferreira's resumé includes over 100 different onscreen credits, as he has appeared on a broad range of television shows, including lead roles in Hidden Hills, Durham County, Urban Angel, and Missing. He has also recurring or guest roles in various TV shows, including NCIS, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Criminal Minds,. He also hosted the television series Letters to God.
In 2009, Ferreira was featured as David Maysles in the HBO award-winning film Grey Gardens opposite Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. Other film credits include portraying Sarah Polley's husband in Dawn of the Dead as well as roles in Shooter and The Lazarus Child. Ferreira also appeared in the 1995 film Blood and Donuts and the 2007 film Saw IV. Further credits include The Marsh, Boozecan, and The Big Slice,.
In 2011, he became known as “The Voice of Mazda”, voicing a series of commercials for their national campaign for two years. Other voice-over work includes Police Officer Vince in the TV series The Dating Guy and Chet in the episode "Hyde and Go Shriek" in the animated children's series Tales from the Cryptkeeper.
Ferreira portrayed Donald Trump in Trump Unauthorized and was a lead in the miniseries The Andromeda Strain. He won the Best Actor Award for his portrayal of Robert (Duke) Romano in Fallen Arches at the Chicago Alt.Film Fest in 1999. In 2008, he won the Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for his work portraying the serial killer Ray Prager in Durham County. He was nominated for the same award in 2010 for the role of Colonel Everett Young in the TV series Stargate Universe. After playing the recurring roles of Declan in Season five of the TV series Breaking Bad and Colonel Henderson Hall in Primeval: New World. He currently stars in the CTV series Motive as homicide detective Oscar Vega. He won the Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series in 2014.
- Bill Harris (2009-10-01). "Ferreira back to his roots". Torontosun.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Saw IV". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Motive Official Web Site".
- "Oscar Vega Character Page".
- "Letters to God". Ptvproductions.ca. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Grey Gardens Cast". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Dawn of the Dead". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Shooter". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "The Marsh". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Boozecan, 1994 Movie". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "The Big Slice". Movieweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Character Bio: Police Officer Vince". Datingguy.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Whiteis, David (1999-06-03). "Chicago Alt.Film Fest". Chicagoreader.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Gazette, The (2008-11-29). "Gemini Awards toasts Durham". Canada.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Breaking Bad - Boyout - AMC".
- "Colonel Henderson Hall Character Page".
- "Primeval: New World Web Site".
- "Oscar Vega Character Page".<
- "2014 Leo Awards Winners".<
- Louis Ferreira at the Internet Movie Database
- The Friends of Louis Ferreira - The Official Louis Ferreira Website
- French Louis Ferreira Website
- Louis Ferreira at Stargate Solutions