Justin Miller (footballer)
|Full name||Justin James Miller|
|Date of birth||16 December 1980|
|Place of birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|Current club||Chelmsford City|
|2002||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||13||(0)|
|2010–2011||Rushden & Diamonds||32||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:12, 8 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He started his career in England with Ipswich Town in 2000, but moved on to Leyton Orient three years later without playing a competitive game for Ipswich. In four years with Orient he made 150 league games, before he switched to Port Vale for the 2007–08 campaign. He spent the next season with non-league Chelmsford City, before returning to his native South Africa to play for Wits University. He returned to England in 2010 to spend a season with Conference side Rushden & Diamonds, before returning Chelmsford City the following year. He spent two years with Chelmsford, and was released for a few months before he re-signed again in January 2014.
Miller started his professional career at Ipswich Town, but was let go at the end of the 2002–03 season without making a first team appearance. He signed with Third Division side Leyton Orient, who he had previously been loaned out to. In the 2004–05 campaign he racked up a total of 47 appearances in all competitions, and then in the following season hit a total of 43 appearances. In his four years with the club he racked up 150 league appearances before being released in May 2007.
He moved to Martin Foyle's Port Vale ahead of the 2007–08 season on a two-year contract from Leyton Orient, along with fellow Orient player Shane Tudor. He only lasted one season with the club, falling out of favour with new boss Lee Sinnott.
In July 2008, he signed for non-league Chelmsford City, following an unsuccessful trial period at Aldershot Town. However in January 2009 Miller moved back to South Africa for family reasons. He signed for Johannesburg club Wits University.
Miller joined Conference National club Rushden & Diamonds in June 2010. He made 33 appearances in all competitions, though the club suffered a crisis in summer 2011 and were expelled from the Conference.
In July 2011, he re-signed with Chelmsford City on a part-time basis, back in the Conference South. The club finished one place and four points outside the play-offs in 2011–12, before securing a play-off spot in 2012–13. He was released by manager Dean Holdsworth for "financial reasons" in summer 2013, but was re-signed by Chelmsford for a third time in January 2014.
- "Ipswich let Reuser go". BBC Sport. 23 January 2003. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "O's boss begins summer clearout". BBC Sport. 1 May 2007. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "Port Vale snap up ex-Orient pair". BBC Sport. 14 May 2007. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "Port Vale allow Miller to leave". BBC Sport. 8 April 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "Another Impressive Duo Sign for City". NonLeagueDaily.com. 21 July 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2008.
- "Clarets capture Moore and Miller". BBC Sport. 21 July 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "Shots continue Murphy trial spell". BBC Sport. 22 July 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- "Chelmsford bolster promotion push". BBC Sport. 23 January 2009. Retrieved 26 May 2008.
- "Wits sign 'tough guy' from the South". Kick Off. 20 January 2009. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Rushden & Diamonds snap up defender Justin Miller". BBC Sport. 23 June 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Rushden expelled from Conference". BBC Sport. 11 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Chelmsford sign ex-Rushden & Diamonds defender Miller". BBC Sport. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- Phipps, Jon (11 January 2014). "Chelmsford City re-sign defender Justin Miller". Essex Chronicle. Retrieved 11 January 2014.