|Poore warming up with the Dragons in 2008|
26 January 1985 |
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||108 kg (17 st 0 lb)|
|2004–2009||St. George Illawarra||128||5||0||0||20|
|2014–||Hull Kingston Rovers||2||0||0||0||0|
|2009||New South Wales||3||0||0||0||0|
Justin Poore (born 26 January 1985) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for Hull Kingston Rovers of the Super League. He previously played for the St. George Illawarra Dragons, Parramatta Eels, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and has represented New South Wales in State of Origin. He primarily plays prop.
Born in Perth, Western Australia, Poore played his junior football for the Helensburgh Tigers before being signed by the St. George Illawarra Dragons. In Round 1 of the 2004 NRL season he made his NRL debut for the Dragons against the Canberra Raiders.
Poore was forced to sit out for the majority of the 2011 NRL season due to a knee injury. He returned in Round 22.
Poore signed a 2 year deal with Hull Kingston Rovers in October 2013
In May 2009, Poore was named to make his Origin debut for New South Wales in the opening State of Origin match in Melbourne, Victoria. He was one of only four New South Wales players who played in all 3 games of the 2009 Origin series, the others being Jarryd Hayne, Kurt Gidley and Ben Creagh.
After the 2008 NRL season, Poore and a group of NRL players led by former first-grader and ABC commentator Paul Osborne travelled to Rwanda on behalf of the Hope Rwanda charity, where they helped build 60 cement-rendered homes and a community hall. Poore planned to raise more money for the charity and travel to Rwanda again after the 2009 season.
- "Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League". Sporting Pulse. Retrieved 10 October 2008.
- Liam FitzGibbon (1 August 2008). "Surprises in Kangaroos squad". "Fox Sports News (Australia)". Retrieved 2 August 2008.
- "Veteran Lockyer named in Australian squad". International Herald Tribune. 1 August 2008. Retrieved 2 August 2008.
- Balym, Todd (3 May 2009). "Blues halfback duel in two as Mitchell Pearce misses selection". Fox Sports. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
- Fitzgibbon, Liam (25 May 2009). "NSW selectors go with form and not reputation for Origin opener". Fox Sports News (Australia). Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- "Poore's African effort a life-changing experience". Illawarra Mercury. 28 January 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2009.