|No. 94 Minnesota Vikings|
|Date of birth:||August 28, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Maywood, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Justin Trattou (born August 28, 1988) is an American football defensive end currently on the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida. He was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2011.
Trattou was born in Maywood, New Jersey. He lived in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey and Ramsey, and attended Don Bosco Preparatory High School in Ramsey. As a senior playing for the Don Bosco Ironmen high school football team, he tallied 82 tackles and 17 sacks, and helped lead Don Bosco to a perfect 12–0 record and its first state title since 2003.
Trattou accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football team from 2007 to 2010. During his sophomore season, the Gators won a Southeastern Conference (SEC) championship and the 2009 BCS National Championship Game. As a senior team captain in 2010, he memorably returned an interception thirty-five yards for a touchdown, and was the recipient of the Gators' Fergie Ferguson Award, recognizing "the senior football player who displays outstanding leadership, character and courage." In his four seasons as a Gator, he played in fifty-two games, and started thirty-one of them, including all thirteen games during his senior year.
The New York Giants signed Trattou as an undrafted free agent in 2011, and he appeared in six regular season games during his rookie season. He was waived/injured on August 16, 2012, and subsequently reverted to injured reserve on August 18.
On October 9, 2013, Trattou was signed by the Minnesota Vikings.
- National Football League, Current Players, Justin Trattou. Retrieved January 9, 2012.
- Stapleton, Art. "Franklin Lakes' Justin Trattou battling to make Giants roster as defensive end", The Record (Bergen County), August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2013. "Justin Trattou has four championship rings, including one for each of the rungs on his football ladder from Don Bosco to Florida and with the Giants. Not only has the Franklin Lakes native never been more desperate to prove he belongs in the NFL, but also that he deserves to stay."
- Hutchinson, Dave. "Giants' Justin Trattou is making a name for himself", The Star-Ledger, August 23, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2014. "But so is third-year pro Justin Trattou, a Ramsey native and undrafted free agent who just keeps making plays."
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2010 Roster, Justin Trattou. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 154, 185 (2011). Retrieved January 9, 2012.