Justine Johnston, circa 1980s
June 13, 1921|
|Died||January 13, 2006
West Hollywood, California
Justine Johnston (June 13, 1921 – January 13, 2006) was an American film, television and musical theatre actress.
She was occasionally mistaken for Justine Johnstone, a similarly named silent film actress, who is not her mother and with whom she had no connection. Johnston performed throughout the Mid-Pacific during World War II. She appeared on Broadway in such musicals as the original production of the Tony-winning Follies (by Stephen Sondheim), as well as the American production of Me and My Girl, and a revival of Irene, starring Debbie Reynolds.
Film audiences will remember her as Aunt Pearl in the classic comedy Arthur (1981).
- That's So Raven (1 episode, 2004) .... Mrs. Ferguson
- The New Guy (2002) .... Mrs. Whitman
- Joe Gould's Secret (2000) .... Mrs. Bagly
- The Duke (1999) .... Mrs. Puddingforth
- Que la lumière soit (1998) .... La vieille américaine (aka: Let There Be Light)
- Mr. Rhodes .... Hermione Rockwell (1 episode, 1996)
- Bogus (1996) .... Woman in Plane
- The Drew Carey Show .... The Woman (1 episode, 1996)
- Eye for an Eye (1996) .... Aunt Flo McCann
- Seinfeld .... Mrs. Armstrong (1 episode, 1992)
- Running on Empty (1988) .... Librarian
- Fatal Attraction (1987) .... Real Estate Agent
- Forever, Lulu (1987) .... Judith Cabot
- Nine 1/2 Weeks (1986) .... Bedding Saleswoman
- Arthur (1981) .... Aunt Pearl Bach
- Paul's Case (1980) (TV) .... Madame Heinzel
- Orphan Train (1979) (TV) .... Mrs. Comstock