Justine Joli at AVN Awards 2011
July 16, 1980 |
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
|Other names||Hope, Justine, Swan, Swan Hope, Erin Swan, Sarah, Charlotte|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st)|
|No. of adult films||100+|
Early life 
Justine revealed on the Howard Stern Show and the Fox News program Geraldo at Large that she was molested from age 3 to 10 by three men, one of whom was her grandmother's ex-husband. Two of the three men were prosecuted and incarcerated. Justine has been in therapy since the age of 13.
In her late teens, she moved to the Los Angeles area with her mother.
In 2000, Joli was working in the Glendale Galleria when she was noticed by porn director Kris Kramski and asked if she was interested in doing some modeling. Joli claims that Kramski's ulterior motive was to get her into a threesome with him and his girlfriend, but that she was only interested in the girlfriend and not him. Joli did not end up working with Kramski, but Kramski did pass her audition photos along to adult industry talent scout Roy Garcia, who promptly found work for her in adult modeling and films. Her first shoot was with Stephen Hicks. Joli notes that her mother drove her to her audition and all of her jobs for the first six months of her career because, "I was terrified to drive there".
At the beginning of her career, she worked extensively in men's magazines, appearing in numerous issues of Penthouse and Hustler, shooting six days a week for six months. She appeared on the cover of the March 2002 issue of Hustler and was the September 2007 Penthouse Pet of the Month. She was also a popular web model, appearing on sites such as ALS Scan, Matt's Models, and Danni's Hard Drive.
Her first film shoot was for Andrew Blake. During her first several years in adult films, she appeared mainly under the name 'Swan' and 'Hope', though in her appearances in Andrew Blake's films, she appeared simply as Justine. Eventually, she adopted the name Justine Joli. "Joli" was a pet name she had for one of her old lovers and means "pretty" in French, while "Justine" comes from her obsession with the Marquis de Sade character, Justine.
In her early work, under the name Swan, she typically had light blonde hair, a schoolgirlish appearance, wore relatively little makeup, and often wore glasses. In later work, under the name Justine or Justine Joli, she has red hair, a glamour or fashion model look, and is more heavily made up and fashionably dressed.
Joli describes herself as bisexual (being "60/40" in her preference toward men and women, respectively) in real life and is particularly noted as a girl-girl actress in adult films. As of 2007, she has not done any boy-girl scenes in an adult film, stating "I'm not comfortable doing boy/girl". However, early in her career, she did do explicit heterosexual photoset with porn photographer Peter Romero for the website POV Porn, though these photos were later removed from the site at her request. Joli also appears alone in many movies and photosets, either as a glamour or fetish model or in solo masturbation scenes. She's also done some BDSM porn and in her personal life she has described herself as "hardcore sub".
Although as of 2007, she has never won an AVN Award, she has been nominated on several occasions – four nominations for "Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video" (2003, 2005, 2006, 2007), three nominations for "Best Tease Performance" (2003, 2004, 2006), and one nomination for "Best Solo Sex Scene" (2007).
She is also captured in Edouard Salier's short movie, "Flesh" which describes the life and death of Manhattan during a fictional 9/11. She also appeared (along with porn stars Charlotte Stokely, Charmane Star, Erika Vution, and Stacey Adams) in the blaxploitation spoof Black Dynamite. She stars on the 2010 Nerdcore Horror Calendar.
Joli has been cast in the role of Caligula's wife, Caesonia, in the Off Broadway theatre production Caligula Maximus, scheduled to run at New York's Ellen Stewart Theatre in March–April 2010. She garnered the role after working as a burlesque dancer at a New York performance venue run by Randy Weiner, the play's co-producer and co-writer.
Personal life 
Joli is a self described geek with a love of anime, science fiction, Macs and cartoons. She is also into nude sports, such as naked bungee jumping and naked whitewater rafting. She was romantically involved with porn director D. Cypher for several years.
- "Pets Bio: Justine Joli". Penthouse Mobile. Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- "Justine Joli" by Bob Schultz, Glamourcon.com, August 2005.
- Swan, Bob's Picks (website), 2004.
- Augusta Hope (2006-09-19). "Justine Joli". Eros Zine. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Stern Show episode Rundown, April 29, 2008
- episode synopsis for April 29, 2008
- episode guide, April 2008
- "Justine Interview", HardcoreGossip.com, October 31, 2003.
- "Justine Joli: The Naked Nerd!", Porn Star Interviews (podcast), September 5, 2007. (page links to MP3 audio file)
- "Hustlerworld Interview: Justine Joli" by pjohnson, Hustlerworld (blog), April 13, 2006. Accessed 2007-10-16.
- "Justine Joli – Penthouse Pet of the Month – September 2007", Penthouse.com, September 2007. Accessed 2007-10-18.
- "Justine Joli, The Seduction King and Katrina"[dead link] by Sam Sugar, Podnography #6 (podcast), September 9, 2005. (page links to MP3 audio files)
- "Hot Sex With a Porn Director" by Rachel Kramer Bussel, Village Voice, March 9, 2006.
- AVN Awards Past Winners, AVNAwards.com.
- 2003 AVN Awards Show nominations
- 2005 AVN Awards Show nominations
- 2006 AVN Awards Show nominations
- Adult Video News Nominees 2007, Excaliburfilms.com
- Nominations for 2004 AVN Awards Show
- Lainie Speiser, Confessions of the Hundred Hottest Porn Stars, Quiver, 2011, pp. 204-205. ISBN 1592334776
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-08-18.
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- Black Dynamite - Ladies of Leisure
- Peter Warren (2010-02-18). "Justine Joli Cast in Off-Broadway Take on Caligula". AVN.com. Retrieved 2010-02-19.
- "Autobiographical sketch". Official website. Archived from the original on 2006-03-07. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
|Find more about ' at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
|Travel information from Wikivoyage|
- Official website
- Justine Joli on Twitter
- Justine Joli on Facebook
- Justine Joli on Tumblr
- Justine Joli's channel on YouTube
- Justine Joli at the Internet Movie Database
- Justine Joli at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Justine Joli at the Adult Film Database