Amge in 2013
16 December 1993 |
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
|Known for||World's smallest living woman|
|Height||2 ft 0.6 in (0.62 m)|
On December 16, 2011 ‒ Amge's 18th birthday, she was officially declared the world's smallest woman by Guinness World Records with a height of 62.8 cm (2 ft 0.6 in). Her restricted height is due to a growth anomaly called achondroplasia.
Amge was featured in the 2009 documentary entitled Body Shock: Two Foot Tall Teen. She was also a guest participant on Bigg Boss 6, an Indian television show. On August 13, 2014, she was cast in the fourth season of American Horror Story: Freak Show.
|2009||Body Shock||Herself||Episode- Two feet high teen|
|2012–2013||Bigg Boss 6||Herself||Guest appearance|
|2014–2015||American Horror Story: Freak Show||Ma Petite||12 episodes|
- American Horror Story: Freak Show - Extra-Ordinary Artist: Jyoti Amege interview. January 2015, around minute 0:40.
- "Tiny Teenager Stands Tall Despite Her Height of 23 Inches". foxnews.com (Fox News Channel). 9 April 2008. Retrieved 20 July 2008.
- Guinness World Records
- "World's shortest man, woman meet for first time". foxnews.com. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Bucksbaum, Sydney (13 August 2014). "Meet American Horror Story: Freak Show's Newest Addition: Jyoti Amge, the World's Smallest Woman!". E!. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jyoti Amge.|
- Jyoti Amge at the Internet Movie Database
- World's Smallest Woman, Jyoti Amge, releases the World's Biggest Book in Jaipur City
- Rediff Slide Show
- Sun news article about Jyoti
|Shortest Recognized Woman