Jyoti Amge (left) with Chandra Bahadur Dangi (right)
December 16, 1993 |
|Known for||World's smallest living woman|
|Height||2 ft 0.6 in (0.62 m)|
Jyoti Amge (born 16 December 1993), a resident of Nagpur, India, is the world's smallest living woman according to the Limca Book of Records and Guinness Book of Records. On December 16, 2011 ‒ Amge's 18th birthday, she was officially declared the world's smallest woman by Guinness Book of Records with a height of 62.8 cm (2 ft 0.6 in). Her restricted height is due to a growth anomaly called achondroplasia.
Amge was featured in the 2009 documentary entitled Body Shock: Two Foot High Teen. She was also a guest participant on Bigg Boss 6, an Indian television show. On August 13th, 2014, she was cast in the fourth season of American Horror Story: Freak Show.
|2009||Body Shock||Herself||Episode- Two feet high teen|
|2012-2013||Bigg Boss 6||Herself||Contestant|
|2014||American Horror Story: Freak Show||Ma Petite|
- "Tiny Teenager Stands Tall Despite Her Height of 23 Inches". foxnews.com (Fox News Channel). 9 April 2008. Retrieved 20 July 2008.
- "Limca Book of Records, The Human Story". Limca Book Of Records. The Coca-Cola Company. Archived from the original on 15 March 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2008.
- Guinness Book Of World Records
- "World's shortest man, woman meet for first time". foxnews.com. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Bucksbaum, Sydney (13 August 2014). "Meet American Horror Story: Freak Show's Newest Addition: Jyoti Amge, the World's Smallest Woman!". E!. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jyoti Amge.|
- World's Smallest Woman, Jyoti Amge, releases the World's Biggest Book in Jaipur City
- Rediff Slide Show
- Sun news article about Jyoti
|Shortest Recognized Woman
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|