|IATA: JYV – ICAO: EFJY|
|Location||Tikkakoski, Jyväskylä, Finland|
|Elevation AMSL||140 m / 459 ft|
|Source: AIP Finland
Statistics from Finavia
Jyväskylä Airport (IATA: JYV, ICAO: EFJY; Finnish: Jyväskylän lentoasema) is an airport in Jyväskylä, Finland. It is located in the center of the Finnish Lake District approximately 20 kilometres (12 mi) north of the center of Jyväskylä. The airport terminal was renovated in the fall of 2004.
A minibus line serves the airport, departing from the city centre one hour before each outgoing flight. The return trip departs after all passengers have had time to pick up their luggage.
The Air Force Academy Flight School and the Air Force Academy Supporting Air Operations Wing are stationed at the airport. The main campus of the Air Force Academy is about 5 kilometers from the airport. The Aviation Museum of Central Finland is located near the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Flybe Nordic||Helsinki, Kemi/Tornio|
On August 2, 2010, Finncomm Airlines announced it will stop its service between Helsinki and Jyväskylä on August 16, 2010. However the break was very short as Finnair and Finncomm reached an agreement on September 2010 that Finncomm will take over several Finnair's domestic routes. As a result of that, Finnair stopped its flights to Jyväskylä in late October 2010 and Finncomm started to operate those flights as co-operation with Finnair.
On September 9, 2011, Finnair announced that they will end flights to Jyväskylä, the last flight would be on October 29, 2011. Finnair flights to Jyväskylä had been operated by Finncomm Airlines. Finnair has been responsible for ticket sales on the route, Finncomm being solely the operator. After the joint acquisition of Finncomm Airlines by Finnair and Flybe Nordic, it was announced that the link to Helsinki would be taken over by the new FlyBe Nordic on 30 October.
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
- "EFJY Jyväskylä" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 5 May 2011. pp. EFJY AD 2.1, 1–14. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 7, 9. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Finncomm Airlines lopettaa lennot Jyväskylään, Poriin ja Seinäjoelle" (in Finnish). Finncomm Airlines. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- Tanskanen, Jari (20 September 2010). "Finnair siirtää kotimaan lentoja Finncomm Airlinesille". YLE Uutiset (in Finnish). Yleisradio Oy. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Finnair lopettaa lennot Jyväskylään" (in Finnish). Helsingin Sanomat. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Flybe steps in to reinstate key route from Jyväskylä - Helsinki". FlyBe. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
Media related to Jyväskylä Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Finavia – Jyväskylä Airport
- AIP Finland – Jyväskylä Airport
- Airport information for EFJY at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.