|Born||Kåre Gillis Hedebrant
28 June 1995
In 2007, after an open casting involving 4.000 children, Hedebrant was chosen to play the role of Oskar in Let the Right One In.
Oskar, the protagonist of the film, is a 12-year-old bullied boy who strikes up a friendship with the mysterious Eli (Lina Leandersson), who later turns out to be a vampire. Hedebrant received generally positive notices for his role. According to If magazine's reviewer, "Hedebrant does a fine job of conveying the boy's silent longing, rage and defiance". James Berardinelli considered him an "interesting choice to play Oskar", and noted that he "effectively makes the character seem remote, withdrawn, and a little creepy". According to Hedebrant, "[e]ven the bully scenes weren't hard to shoot because I got on very well with both guys ... [t]he main problem was that it was so cold!"
He received a nomination for "Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Performers" (with Lina Leandersson), in the 30th Annual Young Artist Awards. Other nominations include "Breakthrough Performer" from the Online Film Critics Society Awards 2008 (won by Lina Leandersson), and "Best Actor" in the 2009 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards (won by Ron Perlman).
In 2010, Hedebrant was chosen as the lead role in Amors Baller, a Norwegian romantic comedy directed by Kristoffer Metcalfe. Hedebrant plays Lucas, a Swedish teenager who moves to a small Norwegian town, and falls in love with the goalkeeper on the local girl's football team. The film premiered in Norway on 25 March 2011. In 2012, he played the role of Tobias in the Swedish sci-fi drama series Real Humans.
Awards and nominations
|2008||Online Film Critics Society Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance (won by Lina Leandersson)||Let the Right One In||Nominated|
|2009||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Performers (with Lina Leandersson)||Let the Right One In||Nominated|
|2009||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Actor (won by Lina Leandersson)||Let the Right One In||Nominated|
- "Personal Record for Kåre Hedebrant". Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Brander, Maria (24 October 2008). "Sveriges yngsta stjärnor" (in Swedish). Expressen. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Louise Kristoffersson (21 October 2008). "Kåre bland vampyrerna". Mitt i Stockholm (Swedish weekly local newspaper). Retrieved 2014-12-06.
- Jonasson, Sthig. "emil" (in Swedish). Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Bernstein, Abbie (25 October 2008). "Movie Review: 'LET THE RIGHT ONE IN'". If magazine. Retrieved 2009-04-10.[dead link]
- Berardinelli, James. "Reelviews Movie Reviews". Reelviews. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Mellor, Jessica (31 July 2009). "The Fright Stuff by Jessica Mellor". The Daily Mirror.
- "30th Annual Young Artist Awards – Nominations / Special Awards". Young Artist Foundation. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- ""WALL-E" Named Best Picture in Online Film Critics Society Awards". Online Film Critics Society. 19 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- Gingold, Michael (25 June 2009). "The 2009 FANGORIA Chainsaw Awards Results". Fangoria. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Nipen, Kjersti (7 July 2010). "Lager film fra Norway Cup". Aftenposten. Retrieved 11 July 2010.