|— Province of Turkey —|
|• Total||6,570 km2 (2,540 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 ( 87/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||15,205 TL (17th; 2011)|
Kırşehir Province (Turkish: Kırşehir ili) is located in central Turkey, forming part of the central Anatolian region. It stands on the North Anatolian Fault, and is currently in an earthquake warning zone. The average elevation is approximately 985 meters above sea level. The provincial capital is Kırşehir.
It became a province in 1924. On 30 May 1954, it was accepted as a district of Nevşehir. Later, the towns of Kırşehir were divided between Ankara, Yozgat and Nevşehir. In 1957, Kırşehir became a province again.
Kırşehir province is divided into 7 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
Media related to Kırşehir Province at Wikimedia Commons
- (Turkish) Kırşehir governor's official website
- (Turkish) Kırşehir municipality's official website
- (English) Kırşehir weather forecast information
- Kırşehir tourist information
- Kırşehir information web pages
|This geographical article about a location in Kırşehir Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|