Kōtarō Tanaka (photographer)
From 1932 onwards he participated in a variety of amateur photography groups. From 1948 he worked in the Osaka office of Asahi Shinbun's publishing company.
From 1955, Tanaka worked to photograph Kawachi in Osaka, in a series titled Kawachi Fūdoki (河内風土記). In 1962 he started photographing firework displays in color (then still unusual for such purposes), with his camera attached to his moving body.
Starting in the seventies, Tanaka won a series of awards for his long service to amateur photography in the Kansai area. He died on 7 November 1995.
Collections of works by Tanaka
- Yume sen'ya (夢千夜). Osaka: Village Press, 1990. ISBN 4-938598-09-4
- Shamo to renkon hatake: Nihon no genfūkei Kawachi (シャモとレンコン畑：日本の原風景河内). Kyoto: Kōrinsha, 1993.
- Kōseki mange (光跡万華). Tokyo: Tanaka Kōtarō Sakuhinshū Iinkai, 1996.
- Shikisai kōkyōgaku 色彩交響楽). Bee Books 239. Tokyo: Mitsumura, 1996. ISBN 4-89615-239-5.
- Although Shashinka wa nani o hyōgen shita ka specifies 4 December 1901, the editors of the two later biographical dictionaries would have known of this book (the article in Nihon no shashinka explicitly cites it) but the works omit the date for some reason.
- (Japanese) Nihon no shashinka (日本の写真家) / Biographic Dictionary of Japanese Photography. Tokyo: Nichigai Associates, 2005. ISBN 4-8169-1948-1. P.248. Despite the English-language alternative title, all in Japanese.
- (Japanese) Sekiji Kazuko (関次和子). "Tanaka Kōtarō" (田中幸太郎). Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典) / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers. Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000. ISBN 4-473-01750-8. P.201. Despite the English-language alternative title, all in Japanese.
- (Japanese) Shashinka wa nani o hyōgen shita ka: 1960–1980 (写真家はなにを表現したか1960～1980, What were photographers expressing? 1960–1980). Tokyo: Konica Plaza, 1992. Three of Tanaka's photographs of fireworks are on p.44; a biographical chronology appears on p.103.
|This article about a Japanese photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|