K-1 World Grand Prix 2007 Final
|K-1 World Grand Prix 2007 Final|
|Date||December 8, 2007|
|Total purse||US$ 400,000|
K-1 World Grand Prix 2007 Final was a martial arts event held by the K-1 on Saturday December 8, 2007 at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan. It was the 15th K-1 World GP Final, the culmination of a year full of regional elimination tournaments. All fights followed K-1's classic tournament format and were conducted under K-1 Rules, three rounds of three minutes each, with a possible tiebreaker.
The event drew a sellout crowd of 17,667 to the Yokohama Arena. It was broadcast live in Japan on the Fuji TV network; in South Korea on XTM; in Hong Kong on PCCW; in Australia on Main Event; in Brazil on Globosat; in Canada on The Fight Network; in Romania on ProTV; in Hungary on RTL Klub and across Scandinavia on Viasat. With all the delayed broadcasts bringing it to a total of 135 countries. The English language commentary team was headed by an Australian Michael Schiavello, with four time K-1 World Champion Ernesto Hoost, Ray Sefo and Akebono. The event ring announcer was Jimmy Lennon Jr.
K-1 World Grand Prix 2007 Final Tournament
|Final 16||Quarter Finals||Semi Finals||Final|
|Jérôme Le Banner||KO|
|Jérôme Le Banner||DEC|
|Jérôme Le Banner|
Opening Fights: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R
Reserve Fight: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
Quarter Finals: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
- Jérôme Le Banner def. Choi Hong-man
- Le Banner defeated Choi by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-29, 30-28, 30-29).
- Semmy Schilt def. Glaube Feitosa
- Schilt defeated Feitosa by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-27, 30-28, 30-27).
- Remy Bonjasky def. Badr Hari
- Bonjasky defeated Hari by 3rd Round Majority Decision 2-0 (30-29, 29-29, 30-29).
- Peter Aerts def. Junichi Sawayashiki
- Aerts defeated Sawayashiki by KO (Straight Right Punch) at 1:29 of the 1st Round.
Semi Finals: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
- Semmy Schilt def. Jérôme Le Banner
- Schilt defeated Le Banner by TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 1:02 of the 2nd Round.
- Peter Aerts def. Remy Bonjasky
- Aerts defeated Bonjasky by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-29, 30-27, 30-28).
Super Fight: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.2R
- Musashi def. David Dancrade
- Musashi defeated Dancrade by KO (Left Mid Kick) at 2:59 of the 1st Round.
Final: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.2R
For the last six years, the K-1 World GP Champion has been a Dutchman and in K-1's 15-year history, a Dutch fighter has won the World GP a total of 12 times.
Line-up changes before the event:
Paul Slowinski replaces announced fighter Chalid Arrab due to an Appendicitis.
David Dancrade replaces announced fighter Souleimane Konate due to an injury.
Ray Sefo is not cleared to fight by the doctor due to an eye injury sustained during training. The Reserve Fight #2 is dropped from the card and his opponent Paul Slowinski is moved up to Reserve Fight #1.
- "Matchups Set for K-1 World GP Final". K-1 Grand Prix Website. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Di Pietro, Monty. "Schilt Three-Peats as K-1 World GP Champion". K-1 Grand Prix Website. Retrieved 2007-12-08.
- "K-1 Official Results". K-1 Grand Prix Website. Retrieved 2007-12-08.
- "Line-up changes for K-1 World GP Final". www.mat-magazine.com. Archived from the original on 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2007-12-06.