From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from K-F-R)
- The article contains bi-directional text.
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
- Kufr (Arabic: كفر), Kefirah (Hebrew: כְּפִירָה) — negation of the faith; disbelief
- Kāfir (Arabic: كافر), pl. Kuffār (كفار), Kofer (Hebrew: כופר), pl. Kofrim (Hebrew: כופרים) — "coverer" — unbeliever; "a person who hides or covers the truth"
- Takfīr (Arabic: تكفير) — excommunication
- Mukaffir (Arabic: مكفر) — the act which precipitates takfīr
- Kafare (Arabic) — sentence for a crime, for example lashes for adultery, used in religious issues
- Kfar (Hebrew: כפר); kafr Arabic: كفر) — village
- Kaffarah (Arabic: كفارة); Kofer (Hebrew: כופר) — compensation for damages in Quranic, Talmudic and Mishnaic tort law.
- Kaparah (Hebrew: כפרה) — atonement for a transgression, or compensation through monetary or spiritual means. See Kaparot (Hebrew: כפרות)
- Yom Kippur (Hebrew: יוֹם כִּפּוּר) — the day of atonement
- Kafara — "to cover" — as a pre-Islamic term it described farmers burying seeds in the ground, covering them with soil while planting.
- Kafar — sentence for a crime, 20 years for murder; used in more general issues