K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies
|Motto||QUOT RAMI TOT ARBORES|
|Affiliations||University of Allahabad|
The K. Banerjee Center of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies (KBCAOS), Institute of Inter-Disciplinary Studies (IIDS), Nehru Science Centre, University of Allahabad is a Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Science which was established in the memory of Kedareswar Banerjee, 1st Crystallographer of India, who was the former Head of the Department of Physics, University of Allahabad and former Director Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, Best Bengal and also worked in India Meteorological Department. At the initiative and inauguration of Murli Manohar Joshi, it was established on 10 September 2000 and fully supported by Prem Chand Pandey until the permanent faculty member came in the centre on 29 October 2009 with which this centre fully got its permanent foundation as full-fledged faculty centre status in the University of Allahabad. This is one of the eminent Atmospheric and Ocean Science centers of India which deals with the atmospheric & oceanic phenomena. The Centre has produced about 7 D. Phil students till date who awarded the D. Phil in Science on its own resources. At present it is running the M.Tech Earth System Sciences course with D. Phil. It first came in function with its adjunct faculties from Department of Physics and Department of Mathematics, University of Allahabad, by running NCAOR, Goa funded research project in polar, atmospheric and ocean sciences in September, 2001. At present 5 permanent faculty members are giving his service to the centre. KBCAOS is also supporting M. N. Saha Centre of Space Studies with its faculty members and facilities till date.
- “K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies(KBCAOS) described as a full fleged faculty member Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies having 5 faculty member”. University of Allahabad official web page has a Centre of Atmospheric and Oceans Studies called as K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies
- "PIB India Govt. reference of KBCAOS, University of Allahabad". Press Information Bureau of India Govt. referred KBCAOS as Centre of University of Allahabad
- CPIO, University of Allahabad RTI reference. no. RTI-140(1)/2014-15, dated 09—06-2014 responded through letter reference no. सा. प्र./अधि. शि./1487, dated 27-06-2014; RTI reference no. RTI-246(2)/2014-15, dated 01-08-2014 responded through letter reference no. सा. प्र./अधि. शि./2014/2001, dated 29-08-2014; RTI reference no. RTI-0138(1)/2014-15, dated 07-06-2014 responded through letter reference no. सा. प्र./अधि. शि./2014/1484, dated 27-06-2014, and also response of RTI reference no. RTI-015(1)/2014-15(online RTI no. 24168 dated 11-06-214) which was responded in the 4 July, 2014 through letter reference no. सा. प्र./अधि. शि./2014/1483, dated 27-06-2014 gives information that the KBCAOS stated as K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies in the then ordinance of University of Allahabad is the only Unit of Atmospheric and Ocean Science exist in University of Allahabad and Department of Atmospheric and Ocean Science have no existence. Faculty members list stated that 5 faculty members selected through a proper selection committee in Atmospheric and Ocean Science are faculty members of K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Stuides (KBCAOS), University of Allahabad
- The faculty members of the Atmospheric and Ocean Science were confirmed in K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies(KBCAOS) only vide the letter no. –TE/2011/2364, dated 20/07/2011.
- "Pandey's Role in KBCAOS". SAGAA-2011, held in March-2012 New Delhi describe Professor Prem Chand Pandey's role in KBCAOS
- Executive council of University of Allahabad passed the M. Tech in Earth System Science Course in the K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies(KBCAOS) only vide resolution 09/19, dated 08/11/11(vide modified resolution 09/107(ii)(a), dated 06-08-2011 of Academic Council of University of Allahabad) and Fee Structure for M. Tech in Earth System Science was also passed in K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies (KBCAOS) only vide the letter no. R-3163-12, dated 16-08-2012 on 17-08-2012 by the committee against letter no. AOS/3147/12, dated 14/08/2012.
- “Ordinance XXVIII, Under clauses (1) and (3) of statute 30) means Pages no. from 97 to 102 of the University of Allahabad ordinance described Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies(IIDS) which have K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies(KBCAOS) as a Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies in section 4 (a) as a 1st centre of IIDS”. (PDF) University of Allahabad official web page of University of Allahabad Ordinance: XXVIII (Under clauses (1) and (3) of statute 30) have section 4 (a) in which K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies(KBCAOS) described as a Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies as a 1st centre of IIDS
- "Professor Joshi, Pandey and Srivastava". web link of KBCAOS and MN Saha Centre
- “KBCAOS in Coordinators section of UoA”. KBCAOS in Coordinators section of Allahabad University page
- “Seed R & D activities in the area of Polar Remote Sensing have been initiated in collaboration with other national institutes like SAC, Ahamedabad and K. Banerjee Centre for Atmospheric Sciences, Allahabad. In addition, a sum of Rs. 3.00 crore is proposed for the initiation of research programmes at the Dr. Kedareswar Banerjee Centre for Atmospheric and Ocean Studies at the Allahabad University”. Department of Ocean Development web page now known as MoES
- “Academics: IIDS have centre K Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies”. KBCAOS in Allahabad University Institute of Interdisplinary section
- “ Section National Institution in Goa-National Centre For Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR): stated that there was a Collaborative Research Program between the NCAOR and KBCAOS”. (PDF) Directorate of Planning, Statistics and Evaluation, Government of Goa, Economic Servey, 2003–2004