|Born||October 6, 1952|
|Occupation||Poet, lyricist, scriptwriter, bureaucrat|
|Parents||M. Krishnan Nair (Father)|
K. Jayakumar (Malayalam: കെ. ജയകുമാര്) (born 6 October 1952) is a senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Kerala who retired as the Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala. Jayakumar is also a popular Malayali poet, lyricist, and scriptwriter. He is the son of noted Malayalam film director M. Krishnan Nair. He is currently serving as the Vice-Chancellor of the Malayalam University.
Jayakumar belongs to 1978 Kerala cadre batch of IAS. He began his civil service career as an assistant collector in 1980. During his career Jayakumar held important bureaucratic positions at various level in the Governments of Kerala and India, including District Collector, Kozhikode; Director of Tourism Department, Government of Kerala; Director of Public Instructions (DPI), Kerala; Joint Secretary, Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of India; Agriculture Production Commissioner, Agriculture Production Department, Government of Kerala. He served as the Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala during the period April 2012 to October 2012. In 2008, Jayakumar was honored by presenting the first K.P.S. Menon Memorial Award in recognition to his distinguished service as a bureaucrat. After his retirement as the Chief Secretary, Jayakumar was appointed as the first Vice-Chancellor of the Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University.
Jayakumar is also a popular lyricist and scriptwriter. He has written lyrics for over 80 Malayalam films and scripted two mega serials for TV. He is also the author of more than a dozen books in Malayalam, including a couple of anthologies of Malayali poems. Perhaps his most famous works are Kerala – a poem in green and gold and Seduction of the Soul. He has translated Tagore's Gitanjali and Khalil Gibran's The Prophet and Jesus, The Son of Man into Malayalam.
- Aathriyude Sadhyathakal
- Solamante Pranayageethangal
- Rumiyude Pranayakavithakal
- "Krishnan Nair Smrithi Sandhya". 27 May 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Jayakumar to take charge as Malayalam University VC". The New Indian Express. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- District Collectors of Kozhikode
- Bio-Data of K. Jayakumar
- Genesis of General Education-Kerala
- Kerala State Archives Council
- "'Many factors force farmers to leave land fallow in State'". The Hindu. 2 October 2008. Retrieved 09-05-2009. Check date values in:
- "K. Jayakumar new Chief Secretary". The Hindu. March 28, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2012.
- "Kerala celebrates formation day". The Hindu. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "Award for Jayakumar". The Hindu. 5 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- Foundation of SAARC Writers and Literature
- An image of K. Jayakumar