|City of license||Grandview, Washington|
|Broadcast area||Yakima, Washington|
|Branding||100.9 Cherry FM|
|Slogan||Yakima's Greatest Hits|
|First air date||April 22, 1987|
|Callsign meaning||Possibly a form of Cherry|
|Former callsigns||KGRU (1987–1988, CP)|
(Ingstad Radio Washington, LLC)
KARY-FM (100.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to Grandview, Washington, USA, the station serves the Yakima area. The station is currently owned by James Ingstad of Fargo, North Dakota. The internationally acclaimed morning show "Brian & Lou - The Waking Crew" are on air weekdays 6am to 10am Pacific time.
The station went on the air as KGRU on 1987-04-22. on 1988-05-01, the station changed its call sign to the current KARY.
On May 26, 2010, it was rumoured KARY's parent company New Northwest Broadcasters's stations could possibly be sold in the near future. Principal of Revitalization Partners, Alan Davis says "The stations are on the air; it’s business as usual. I can only tell you there appears to be demand for the stations." In 2012, the stations were sold to James Ingstad.
- "KARY-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KARY Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "New Northwest Broadcasters Yakima, Washington stations are on the air, and could be sold". Radio-Info.com. May 26, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- "Future of local radio stations still unclear". Yakimaherald.com. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KARY
- Radio-Locator information on KARY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KARY
|This article about a radio station in the U.S. state of Washington is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|