|Slogan||Your Hometown News|
|Channels||Digital: 15 (UHF)
Virtual: 25 (PSIP)
25.4 25 Now
|Owner||Saga Communications, Inc.
(Saga Broadcasting, LLC)
|First air date||July 1, 1982|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
25 (UHF, 1982-2009)
|Former affiliations||NBC (1982-1994)
ABC (secondary, 1989-1994)
|Transmitter power||900 kW|
KAVU-TV, known locally as ABC 25, is a full-service television station in Victoria, Texas. Serving the entire Victoria metropolitan area as an ABC network affiliate, this station is owned and operated by Saga Broadcasting, as part of a group of six television stations serving the Victoria market. Its transmitter is located in Victoria.
KAVU was founded on December 7, 1981, but did not take to the air until July 1, 1982. At the time, it began as an NBC network affiliate, but then joined ABC as a secondary affiliate from 1989 to 1994, after the previous affiliate, KVCT (now a Fox affiliate), dropped the ABC affiliation to become a religious station.
In 1994, KAVU became solely an ABC affiliate. Today, KAVU and KVCT operate as sister stations, and also operate the market's NBC, CBS, Univision, and Telemundo affiliates via low-power stations and/or digital subchannels.
|This section requires expansion with: information on the history of KAVU's news department. (August 2011)|
- NewsCenter 25 (1982–present)
- Your Community Leader in the Crossroads (1990s–1999)
- Your Hometown News (1999–present)
- Emily Collins - weeknights at 5 p.m. (on KAVU ABC-25) and 9 p.m. (on FOX-19 KVCT)
- Shawna Currie - weekday mornings Newscenter 25 Sunrise
- Nicole Hickl - weekends at 10 p.m. Saturdays at 6 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.; also general assignments reporter
- John Estrada - weeknights at 6 and 10 p.m.
- Rissa Shaw - weeknights at 6 and 10 p.m.
- Bill Alexander - chief meteorologist; weeknights at 5, 6, 9 (on KVCT) and 10 p.m.
- Kate McKenna - weekday mornings Newscenter 25 Sunrise
- Trey Meynig - meteorologist; Saturdays at 6, Sundays 5 and weekends at 10 p.m.
- Don Brubaker - sports director; weeknights at 6, 9 (on KVCT) and 10 p.m.
- Travis Clark - sports anchor/reporter; Saturdays at 6, Sundays 5 and weekends at 10 p.m.
- Brian Wilk - general assignments reporter
- Amanda Brown - general assignments reporter
- Janelle Bludau - general assignments reporter
- Maleeha Kamal - general assignments reporter
- Official site
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KAVU
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KAVU-TV