|City of license||Mora, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||East Central Minnesota; Northwest Wisconsin|
|Branding||KBEK 95.5 FM|
|Slogan||"Songs From The Best Times Of Your Life"|
|First air date||May 12, 1995|
|HAAT||100 meters (328 feet)|
|Affiliations||AP, MNN, MFN|
|Owner||Genesis Technology Communication, LLC|
KBEK (95.5 FM) is a radio station licensed to serve Mora, Minnesota. The station is owned by Genesis Technology Communication, LLC. It airs a music format based primarily on oldies, which is presented entirely by personalities who live in the station's broadcast area.
The station was assigned the KBEK call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on September 20, 1989, and was granted its License to Cover on May 22, 1995. It was formerly licensed to John Godfrey, Ms. McKinney's late husband, who died of cancer in 2004.
Due to economic factors, KBEK went up for sale in September 2011. It originally announced that it would close on September 30, 2011 (which was subsequently pushed to December 31, 2011) before McKinney announced on December 22 that KBEK had been sold and will remain on the air.
KBEK went off the air April 1, 2014.
KBEK turned it's transmitter back on October 26, 2014 and resumed regular Broadcasting shortly there after.
- Wicklund, Alica (September 30, 2011). "KBEK unveils why they remain open, through December". The Pine City Pioneer. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- "Minnesota's Oldies KBEK (95.5) lives on". Radio-Info.com. December 22, 2011. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- An article referencing KBEK back on the air
- KBEK official website
- Brief narrative on John Godfrey, founder and former owner
- ECM Post Review article on KBEK's 10th anniversary
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KBEK
- Radio-Locator information on KBEK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KBEK
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|