KBL European Private Bankers
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2012)|
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
|Key people||Yves Stein  (Group CEO)
Olivier de Jamblinne
Marc Lauwers (Board member)
Yves Pitsaer (Board member)
|Revenue||€549.28 million (2011)|
|Profit||€20.11 million (end 2011)|
|AUM||€44.3 billion (end 2011)|
|Total assets||€14.75 billion (end 2011)|
|Total equity||€1.01 billion (end 2011)|
|Employees||2,339 (FTE, end 2011)|
KBL European Private Bankers (KBL epb), founded in 1949, is headquartered in Luxembourg with a pan-European presence in nine countries. With over 2,000 staff and €41 billion in assets under management and €39 billion in assets under custody (as of December 31, 2012), KBL epb is widely recognized as a private banking leader.
The group provides a range of additional investment solutions through its Global Investor Services, Global Financial Markets and Asset Management departments. The group has subsidiaries across nine European countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
With the full support of its shareholder, Precision Capital, a Luxembourg-based bank holding company, KBL epb is consolidating its presence across Europe and expanding its horizons to capture future opportunities in high-growth emerging markets, including the Middle East and Asia.
In line with its mission to be a preferred European private banking group that cares for clients and colleagues as if they were members of its own family, always putting their longterm well-being first, KBL epb seeks to become a top 20 European private banking group by 2015.
On May 23, 1949, Kredietbank Luxembourg officially became a registered bank in the Grand Duchy and opened its doors a few months later.
In the early days, KBL had only five employees on its payroll, including the CEO, Constant Franssens. Though small, it proved successful in its mission to provide financial support to industry, commerce and the public sector in Luxembourg.
Since its founding, KBL epb has continued to expand across Europe through organic and inorganic growth. Its offerings have increased as well to include, for example, global investor services, life insurance and credit.
KBL epb aims to continue its tradition of growth and client-centric private banking solutions.
- "KBL European Private Bankers SA". The Luxembourg Bankers’ Association.
- "KBL: Stein CEO, Contzen président". Paperjam.lu.
- "KBL European Private Bankers appoints Marc Lauwers COO". investmenteurope.net.
- "Performance à deux chiffres pour le Fonds Flagship de KBL epb en 2013". corporatenews.lu.
- "Assurance vie : Vitis Life lance un contrat charia compatible haut de gamme". argusdelassurance.com.
- "Annual Report 2011" (PDF). KBL European Private Bankers. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "KBL epb named member of World Finance 100". abbl.lu.
- "Precision Capital acquires KBL epb, KBC's private banking subsidiary". Reuter.
- "4 questions à Marc Lauwers". lecho.be.