|City of license||McCook, Texas|
|Broadcast area||McAllen, Texas
Rio Grande Valley
|Slogan||"Renewing the Mind"|
|HAAT||109 meters (358 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||'Know Christ As Savior|
|Owner||Faith Baptist Ministries
(Faith Baptist Church, Inc.)
KCAS (91.5 FM) is a non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve McCook, Texas. McCook is a "dispersed rural community" about 20 miles northwest of the county seat, Edinburg, in Hidalgo County, Texas. The station is owned and operated by Faith Baptist Ministries and the broadcast license is held by Faith Baptist Church, Inc.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 21, 1998. The new station was assigned the KCAS call sign by the FCC on March 2, 1998. KCAS received its license to cover from the FCC on April 11, 2001.
- Garza, Alicia A. "McCook, Texas". The Handbook of Texas. Retrieved July 14, 2009.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved July 14, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19970107MB)". FCC Media Bureau. January 21, 1998.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved July 14, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20010105AAJ)". FCC Media Bureau. April 11, 2001.
- KCAS official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KCAS
- Radio-Locator information on KCAS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KCAS
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|