- This article is about the television station in Amarillo, Texas. For the short-lived independent station in Kansas City, Missouri that once bore the KCIT calls, see KPXE-TV.
|Branding||KCIT Fox 14|
|Slogan||One Hour Earlier!|
|Channels||Digital: 15 (UHF)
Virtual: 14 (PSIP)
14.2 This TV
|Affiliations||Fox Broadcasting Company|
(operated under an LMA by
Nexstar Broadcasting Group)
(Mission Broadcasting, Inc.)
|First air date||October 24, 1982|
|Call letters' meaning||CIT = See It|
|Former callsigns||KJTV (1982-1985)|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
14 (UHF, 1982-2009)
|Former affiliations||Independent (1982-1986)
|Transmitter power||925 kW|
|Height||464 meters (1,522 ft)|
KCIT, virtual channel 14 (digital channel 15), is the Fox-affiliated television station in Amarillo, Texas, USA. The station is owned by Mission Broadcasting, and operated by Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. alongside NBC affiliate KAMR-TV (channel 4). Syndicated programming on KCIT includes Two and a Half Men, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and omg! Insider.
KCIT's transmitter is located north of Amarillo in rural unincorporated Potter County. Its studios are located downtown (across the street from KVII-TV); KCIT itself has always occupied this studio since its inception as it later shared the studios with KCPN-LP and KAMR (since 2002).
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP short name||Programming|
|14.1||720p||16:9||KCIT-HD||Main KCIT programming / Fox|
|This section requires expansion with: further information on KAMR's history. (August 2011)|
The station signed on the air on October 24, 1982 as call letters KJTV as a general independent station with movies, dramas, westerns, cartoons, sitcoms, and a half-hour newscast. In 1985, KJTV changed its call letters to the current KCIT. In 1986, the station became a charter Fox affiliate. KCIT affiliate with the Prime Time Entertainment Network in 1993 to 1995. The station was acquired by Mission Broadcasting after they bought KCIT and KCPN-LP from Wicks Broadcast Group in 1999. This station has been operated through a shared services agreement with Nexstar Broadcasting's station, KAMR-TV since Nexstar acquired the latter in December 2003 as part of its purchase of Quorum Broadcasting.
The station had its own newscast during the 1980s and 1990s. On March 11, 2001 the station reopened a nightly 9 p.m. newscast titled Fox14 News @ 9, produced by KAMR. For a time, the station also carried a weekday morning newscast. On January 15, 2008 KCIT replaced the KAMR-produced newscast with its own one-hour newscast at 9 p.m.
- Channel 14 News (1982–1986)
- Fox News (1986–1997)
- Fox 14 News (2001–present)
- Your Great News & Movie Station (1982-1985)
- Channel 14, We're Movin Up! (1985-1986)
- Fox 14, First in the High Plains (1986–2001)
- Don't Let Fox 14 Weekends Pass You By (1987–1988, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- Fox 14, This is the Year (1988–1990, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- It's on Fox 14 (1990–1992, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- You're Watching Fox 14 (1992–1993, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- Fox 14: You're Watching It (1993–1994, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- It Could Only Happen on Fox 14 (1994, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- Fox 14, You're Kickin It (1994–1995, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- Just One Fox 14 (1997–2002, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- It's About Time! (2001–2006)
- One Hour Earlier (2006–present)
- So Fox 14 (2008–2010, local version of Fox ad campaign)
- Kelly James - weeknights at 9 p.m.
- Adam Snider- weekends at 9 p.m.
- John Harris - chief meteorologist; weeknights at 9 p.m.
- Chris Martin - meteorologist; weekends at 9 p.m.
- Michael Spencer - sports director; weeknights at 9 p.m.
- Emily Austen - sports director; weekends at 9 p.m.
- Meaghan Collier - general assignment reporter
- "Prime+Time+Entertainment+Network"+"station+list"+93&rnum=5#439abc32b11f85f3 "updated 1993 PTEN list". alt.tv.babylon-5. Google.com. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- MyHighPlains.com - Official KCIT/KAMR-TV Website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KCIT
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KCIT-TV