||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Concepcion at her US concert press conference, November 2010
|Born||Maria Kristina Cassandra Cuneta Pangilinan
Maria Kristina Cassandra Cuneta Concepcion
April 7, 1985
|Occupation||actress, singer, song writer, celebrity endorser, host|
KC Concepcion (born Maria Kristina Cassandra Cuneta Pangilinan on April 7, 1985) is an actress and singer from the Philippines who is currently a National Ambassador Against Hunger of the UN's World Food Programme.
Concepcion is the daughter of Philippine singer-actress Sharon Cuneta and adopted daughter of Former Senator Francis Pangilinan. Her biological father was 80's heartthrob Gabby Concepcion. She was estranged from her father for thirteen years following her parents annulment and his immigration to the United States in 1995.
She graduated grade school in Poveda. In 2003, she graduated from the International School Manila, and in 2007, graduated with a bachelor's degree in International Corporate Communications with a minor in Theatre Arts from the American University of Paris.
In 2010, Concepcion joined Star Magic, but after a year, she left Star Magic and joined Viva Artists Agency, a talent management of Viva Entertainment, where her mother Ms. Cuneta came from.
2008-2009: a.k.a Cassandra
In 2008, KC Concepcion released her first studio album on July 15, 2008 entitled "a.k.a Cassandra", on the Sony BMG Philippines label, which ranked number 1 based on total album sales in all Odyssey Record Bar branches nationwide. In fact, 1,102 copies of the album were sold in all Odyssey branches alone. KC Concepcion made Philippine music history with her lead single "Imposible" during that year. KC has the most number of music downloads in the Philippines in the same year, which marked 1 million downloads online. KC Concepcion thought that she would just perform her newest single, "Doo Be Doo", on the noontime TV show Wowowee on ABS-CBN Channel 2 on November 15, 2008. However, she was surprised when she was given a Platinum Record Award for her album "a.k.a. Cassandra".
In, 2010 KC released her Second Studio Album entitled KC, KC ranked number 3 based on OPM charts, in Astrovision Stores the album KC reached number 1. KC was launched on ASAP XV. KC was released on March 24, 2010, under the Sony Music label. she also set KC Mall Tour to promote KC album.
|2008||For the First Time||Sophia Carmina Sandoval||Star Cinema|
|2009||When I Met U||Jenny||GMA Films|
|2010||I'll Be There||Maxi/Mina dela Cena||Star Cinema|
|2011||Forever and a Day||Raffy||Star Cinema|
|2013||Boy Golden: Shoot to Kill, the Arturo Porcuna Story||Marla "Marlady" De Guzman||Scenema Concept International, Inc., Viva Films|
- "WFP National Ambassador Against Hunger KC Concepcion Reflects On Africa Visit". World Food Programme. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- San Diego Jr., Bayani (26 August 2006). "When KC met Gabby (again)". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/252313/kc-concepcion-starts-work-the-buzz[dead link]
- [dead link]
- Garcia, Rose (13 December 2008). "KC Concepcion returns to the stage via multi-media musical "Katy"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Alvares, Trisha (6 April 2010). "KC Concepcion accepts The Buzz hosting job". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "ER Ejercito returns to MMFF as 'Boy Golden'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "'Kaleidoscope World,' 'Boy Golden' join 2013 MMFF lineup". Sun Star. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "KC Concepcion has the same martial arts instructor as Angelina Jolie". PEP.ph. Retrieved December 9, 2013.