KDE Education Project
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Founder(s)||Eva Brucherseifer and other|
|Focus||Free educational software|
|Motto||Grow your knowledge|
|Website||The KDE Education Project|
|KDE Education Meeting|
|2010||Randa, Switzerland||5/20-5/25||co-hosted with KDE Multimedia Sprint|
The KDE Education project was started in July 2001.
List of software 
This software is bundled in the kdeedu package.
- Kanagram - customizable anagram game.
- KHangMan - classic hangman game.
- Kiten - Japanese reference/learning tool.
- KLettres - Helps to learn the alphabet and then to read some syllables in different languages.
- KWordQuiz - helps to learn vocabulary using a "flash card" or multiple choice, or quiz types
- Parley - Vocabulary trainer using a "flash card" approach. (Formerly known as KVocTrain)
- Cantor -worksheet view to other Free Software Math packages. GUI frontend to Sage, Maxima, R and KAlgebra.
- KAlgebra - A mathematical calculator based content markup MathML language
- KBruch - Program for generating tasks with vulgar fractions.
- Kig - Program for exploring geometric constructions.
- KmPlot - Mathematical function plotter.
- blinKen - computerised version of the game, Simon Says.
- KGeography - a geography learning program.
- KTouch - Program for learning touch typing.
- KTurtle - Educational programming environment using turtle graphics.
- Kalzium - Displays information about the periodic table of elements.
- KStars - Planetarium program.
- Marble - geographical map program
- Step - An interactive physics simulator
- eqchem - for balancing chemical equations.
- Kard - a pair-matching children's memory game.
- KMathTool - a collection of mathematical calculators, like a factor finder.
- Kalcul - a mathematics testing program.
- KPercentage - Small math application that will help pupils to improve their skills in calculating percentages.
- KVerbos - Application specially designed to study Spanish verb forms.
- KSimus - Digital circuit simulator program.
- KEduca - Educational project to enable the creation and revision of form-based tests and exams.
- "Eva Brucherseifer - Behind KDE". Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- Frederik Gladhorn (2007-12-05). "First KDE Education Meeting a Great Success". KDE. KDE.NEWS.
- Frederik Gladhorn (2010-06-19). "Report from Successful Multimedia and Edu Sprint in Randa". KDE. KDE.NEWS.
- "History of the KDE-Edu Project". Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- KDE - KWordQuiz - Flash Card Trainer
|This KDE-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|