|City of license||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Broadcast area||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Branding||Faith Talk 99.5|
|First air date||1991-07-26 (as KLVV)|
|Callsign meaning||Kids DISney (previous format)|
|Former callsigns||KLVV (1991-1992)
|Owner||Salem Communications Corporation
(South Texas Broadcasting, Inc.)
The station went on the air as KLVV on 1991-07-26. On 1992-02-01, the station changed its call sign to KYFX. On 2003-08-07 to the current KDIS-FM.
In June 2013, Disney put KDIS-FM and six other Radio Disney stations in medium markets up for sale, in order to refocus the network's broadcast distribution on top-25 markets. On July 31, 2013, KDIS-FM dropped the Radio Disney affiliation and went silent; in October, Disney filed to sell KDIS-FM, as well as KRDY in San Antonio, Texas, to Salem Communications Corporation. The purchase by Salem, at a price of $2 million, was consummated on February 7, 2014.
On February 24, 2014, KDIS-FM returned to the air with Christian talk, branded as "Faith Talk 99.5."
- "KDIS-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KDIS Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Graser, Marc (June 4, 2013). "Radio Disney Stations Up for Sale (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Notification of Suspension of Operations KDIS-FM - United States Federal Communications Commission
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. October 25, 2013. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- Faith Talk Launches in Little Rock
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KDIS
- Radio-Locator information on KDIS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KDIS
|This article about a radio station in Arkansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|