|City of license||Pueblo, Colorado|
|Broadcast area||Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Slogan||Legendary Classic Rock|
|Frequency||107.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||March 24, 1986 (as KRYT)|
|Former callsigns||KRYT (1986–1993)|
|Owner||Clear Channel Communications|
KDZA-FM (107.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic rock format. Licensed to Pueblo, Colorado, USA, the station serves the Colorado Springs area. The station is currently owned by Clear Channel Communications.
The station went on the air as KRYT on 1986-03-24. The calls reflected the station nickname "K-Right," as 107.9 is at the far right end of the FM dial. On 1988-12-01, the station changed its call sign to KRYT-FM, on 1993-04-01 to the current KDZA-FM. KDZA-FM had an oldies format prior to June 24, 2008, when it switched to a Classic Hits format known as Jet 107.9.
The station was owned by McCoy Broadcasting until 2001, when it was sold to Clear Channel Communications. Its offices and studios were located in Pueblo, Colorado until its format change in 2008.
On July 13, 2009 at 05:00 AM KDZA-FM changed their format to mainstream rock.
On November 30, 2011 KDZA-FM changed their format to classic rock, branded as "Z107.9".
- "KDZA-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KDZA Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- ""Oldies" KDZA returns to Pueblo; Ventura gets "True Oldies"". Radio-Info.com. June 24, 2008.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KDZA
- Radio-Locator information on KDZA
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KDZA
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|